JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Picture Storage - SD Card / OneDrive

(Topic created: 07-21-2021 07:25 AM)
Members_yzxWTiu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I keep getting notifications that the picture gallery on my phone will go away at the end of July and that I will need to move everything to OneDrive.  I store all my pictures on my SD Card on my phone.  Why would I need OneDrive?  Is this necessary?  Will I not be able to access my pictures from SD card come August?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Members_yzxWTiu 

"I checked another thread and one user said the picture gallery will still work on your phone....the only thing that is going away is the ability to back them up in Samsung Cloud.  Hoping that is correct"

That is correct. 

View solution in context

6 Replies
Chellebaby1968
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Mine is doing the same. What the heck?
0 Likes
Neice22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I would not do it!!! I did it & now I can't excess any photos on One Drive & can only open 1 file up less I pay for an upgrade
0 Likes
Neice22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Well that's what I am seeing ' I wonder if it would work even after an upgrade ' The move was to be free for a yr,, well I had a mircosoft account before all this but did put pictures on it till The One Drive by ssamssung
0 Likes
Members_yzxWTiu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I checked another thread and one user said the picture gallery will still work on your phone....the only thing that is going away is the ability to back them up in Samsung Cloud.  Hoping that is correct

Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Members_yzxWTiu 

"I checked another thread and one user said the picture gallery will still work on your phone....the only thing that is going away is the ability to back them up in Samsung Cloud.  Hoping that is correct"

That is correct. 

View solution in context

iamerror
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
You can also back them up to Google drive. But only 15gb is free.
0 Likes