Original topic:

Picture in Picture Problems on S20

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 8:00 PM)
AlexBabb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Everytime I minimize my videos or video calls, the small picture in picture display shoots the the bottom right never to be seen again, and then when I attempt to do anything else the screen flickers and gets veru blurry. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? 

12 Replies
userhAae2mgQZg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

do you use bixby routine to change resolution when using pip?

can you share the screen shot please??

thank you

0 Likes
usera72HpDfgR8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem. Just started in past couple weeks. Occurs with Teams and Google Maps PiPs; haven't tried other PiPs. Problem goes away once the PiP or underlying app is closed. 

0 Likes
AlexBabb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
i figured it out i just cleared all my caches and reset my phone and it worked... i also deleted a bunch of files so idk
0 Likes
user7J3wJpr1VV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue on a new Galaxy S20 Plus.  Any time an app attempts to activate PIP, no PIP window is visible and the homescreen exhibits the described behavior (blurry, flickering). 

0 Likes
userWMQM0gwZy2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
mine happens with youtube and only stops if i reset the phone. its definitely a pip software issue. no fix for this yet? this is quite annoying.
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I believe this article here will be of assistance to your issue. (https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-picture-in-picture-window/) The next step I would try is to clear the cache partition. Here are the steps to clear the cache partition on your phone. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
userGvgxkAOCae
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

This does not work as a long term fix. Same as turning phone off and back on again only works temporarily

0 Likes
Jffar
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
my note 10+ is also acting the same
0 Likes