Original topic:

Pink lines on each edge of my S20+ 5G

(Topic created: 10-03-2021 06:39 PM)
user4rU1BUGPVn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have searched, and not found a similar issues so I am reaching out here for answers. Yes, I have seen many post and solutions for the issue with a single pink line running down the length of the screen but my issue is not the same. I have two pink lines right on the left and right edges, and they move when I rotate my phone to landscape. I have tried to get rid of them using the same method for the single pink line issue of the damaged pixels but no fix. Anyone else have or seen this issue and, if so, any solutions to offer? To be clear, the pink lines do not run all the way to the top and bottom of the screen.

0 Likes
4 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

i think you have the edge feature enabled whith the color set to pink.

in the "One Hand Operation +" is the one that shows the bars on both side of the display.

I forget where the setting is to change the color or the opacity of these bars... but there is a setting for it. I'll update when I find it.

Confirm whether you use the edge swipe feature or not for the one hand mode. If you don't then it's likely something else...

found it. in the One Hand app, click left or right handle then on the bottom you can change color for the bars.

0 Likes
user4rU1BUGPVn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

MrJell_Lee:

Thank you for your response. The "Edge Panels" feature is disabled on my phone so I don't think this is the issue. I am also not using the "one handed" feature but when I do enable it the two pink lines are still on each side of the screen but not on the edges as is the case when it's full screen. The pink lines coincide with the size of the reduced one handed mode screen size. I hope this makes sense to you...

0 Likes
user4rU1BUGPVn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

MrJell_Lee:

I went to Apps and found the One Handed app. I opened it and did not see where I could change the colors but what I did do is "Force Quit" the app and after the second force quit attempt the pink lines went away. I will keep you posted to let you know if this has permanently solved the issue.

Thank you again for your help!

0 Likes
user4rU1BUGPVn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

MrJell_Lee:

Problem solved... well sort of. After turning off/disabling the One Handed app I still had the pink lines... strange but true. I then opened the "One Handed Operation +" app within the Apps and there I discovered I could change the colors etc. Since I did not want ANY colored lined on the edges of my screen and these lines would not disappear even when I disabled the app I ultimately changed the opacity of the lines so that they were completely transparent and this solved, sort of, my issue. I no longer have the annoying lines on each side of my screen but there is definitely an issue with this app as evidenced by my still having the lines even when I turned off/disabled the One Handed Operation mode, a feature that I never used or will ever use in the future.

Thank you again for your help.

0 Likes