cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Pixel 4a vs Galaxy S20 camera comparison...

@RedDragonI don't have much against the S20 during very brightly lit shots of landscape. Try to shoot something closer up like most people do. For example, butterflies or flowers or people or plates of food or even documents using Office Lens and you will soon see why the S20 class cameras are just absolute rubbish.

I don't know about you but most of my friends and colleagues shoot people, pets, documents and food. Usually subjects that are closer.

Shooting RAW is a good suggestion but there is a lot of post processing that needs to take place. Most folks just want a point and click that does the job and does it well, like Samsung phone cameras BEFORE the S20 series.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@laugher almost 90% of my iphone user friends prefer using my phone when taking group photos and food pictures they even wish android has airdrop for easy sharing but samsung has wifi direct for easy sharing but not compatible with iphones. Friends are using iphone 11 pro max. I do shoot people and food but not pet. I was also surprised by how much people i know want the quality of the new galaxy camera. For me I love it and  I get more compliment on my galaxy phone than other phones camera quality i posted. One of my friends already told me to buy one of my samsung galaxy phone because she will use it for photos and she uses iphone 11 pro max.

20200917_200407.jpg

20200627_215930.jpg

20200917_193716.jpg

20200917_193658.jpg

Highlighted
Halo

@RedDragon 2020-09-24_9-44-04.jpg2020-09-24_9-44-25.jpg

I don't know about you but I would never post these kinds of photos to showcase S20 Ultra's strengths. My Note 9 can take ANY photo of food and make the WHOLE plate look FANTASTIC.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@laugher You know, i can tell you really are not a photographer because you can't tell the basic concept of photgraphy. Of course, those arrows that you point out were blurred out because that WAS NOT the focus of the picture i tried to take. The first was I tapped to focus on the shrimp and not the arrow you point out and the second one I tried to focus on the steak. If you really are a photographer you know exactly which part of the photo I was trying to focus. So best of luck of your photography judgement. There's plenty of photography lesson on youtube I suggest you try to watch those. And ooh btw S20 ultra camera sensor has somehting to do with shallow depth of field and i suggest you study that also.

Highlighted
Halo

@RedDragon- that's the point. The Samsung phones PRIOR to the S20 series were for ordinary people like me. It made all of us look like Pro's. Just like the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the Note 9 and from what I hear, Note 10+. It didn't matter where we focused!

Your S20 photos made us all look like rubbish. Plates of food now need lots of adjustments before we can take an amazing photo with it. If Samsung really wanted to sell a camera phone for just the "Pro's", they should have a very clear warning - please stay away from this phone if you are not someone like RedDragon! Because you know what? They would have just got a small percentage of people buying it.

Instead, they had all the S10 users upgrading to it. S10 users who were mostly all non-Pro photographers. Which is why you're getting a lot of complaints on this forum and others about it.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@laugher Galaxy S20 ultra is a flagship device. If you claimed to be ordinary and use basic photography, samsung offers midrange to low end range phone that can just do basic photography but at higher quality like Galaxy A71, A series and M series. There is plenty to choose from, and flagship phones are meant to be pro users but it can also be for everybody who wants to have pro grade level of picture quality. 

The pictures I took did not do lots of adjustments I just tapped to focus thats it because I want to focus on a subject I want to emphasize. 

Highlighted
Halo

"Galaxy S20 ultra is a flagship device. If you claimed to be ordinary and use basic photography, samsung offers midrange to low end range phone ..."

I really admire your passion, @RedDragon - unfortunately, everyone else's opinion of a flagship phone is not the same. The Note9 was flagship in its time. So was the S10. So is the iPhone 11 Pro Max. All of them do not need pro photography skills and instead only ask a user to point and click to get amazing photos.

Good luck selling your line to the rest of us though. I doubt you're going to get a lot of people supporting that opinion.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@laugher You know there's one more thing i want to point out about camera. DSLR cameras have  shallow depth of field depends on lens you are using. I am not an experts but I know some basics. Now S20 series is the first phone on samsung that offers nano binning ISOCELL sensor these have shallow depth of field sensor this is a little bit closes to DSLR. Those camera sensor in the past are not meant for shallow depth of field they use more like photo processing. Well, That's all I can say. I thought samsung did explain very well about nano binning pixels when they launch S20 ultra I guess some people doesn't care but do mind to comment first before knowing why, what and how. 

Highlighted

I agree with this.  I do like taking outdoor photos on the Galaxy S20.  They generally turn out great but the fact still remains that the colors aren't right.  My wife and I were playing around with the 4a, her iPhone 11, and my S20 and taking the same shots on each phone and pretty much every time the Galaxy was clearly the loser.  The phone also stinks with shutter lag unless you are outside in good light.  I've given up taking pictures of my kid because the shutter is far too slow to capture him in a shot because he is always moving even just a little bit.  Doesn't happen with the Pixel or iPhone.  Now they do blur with a lot of movement but the Galaxy blurs if a spec of dust flies through the shot (exaggeration).  My kid has blonde hair too and the S20 cannot process it in a picture.  It's always blown out and looks like a blob on his head.  Something is seriously wrong with Samsung's camera software.  It's bad enough to make me ditch a phone I've only had for 5 months.  

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userMw0acAb3fp Nah i think you just don't know how to take pictures. I think I have shared enough pix to see the quality of the picture from S20 ultra which is why the reason my iphone user friends want it rather than use their iphone 11 pro max. I don't have lag issues on my phone maybe you got defective device. Well when it comes to color this really depends on the screen you are using whether using P3 or sRGB screen amoled or LCD screen. Sometimes orange can look red on some screen but it isn't like orange becomes blue that's not accurate that's the definition of not accurate to me if orange turns to blue.