JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pixel flickering issue

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 08:23 AM)
Samsung_VODEiwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Galaxy S20+ and whenever I am on a call, part of the screen flickers. This issue is not specific to an app and can be replicated through any app that allows you to make calls (phone, Skype, WhatsApp). My girlfriend has a Galaxy S20 and she has the same issue as well. I have videos of the issue, however, I don't see a way to attach them to this post.

17 Replies
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello @Samsung_VODEiwx ,

If possible can you please take your device to the nearest Samsung certified center to be inspected (your gf phone as well). We would like to run diagnosis on it in person and provide the best resolution. 

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Also @SamsungAdam can you please collect his device information in private messages for logging purposes. Thank you.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if your question was resolved. If not please follow up for more assistance. 

0 Likes
Samsung_VODEiwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @BlackOnyx6 ,

Thank you for the swift response. I will wait till the pandemic is over to visit the nearest Samsung store. Meanwhile, I'd be happy to provide you with any information that you need.

Thanks!

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_VODEiwx hello! For clarification, does the entire svreen  flicker or just a pixel near the top? 

Samsung_VODEiwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @VerbumVeritum ,

Not the whole screen, just a pixel or two near the top.

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_VODEiwx.

Have you tried restarting the device in safe mode to rule out it being a 3rd party application?

0 Likes
Samsung_VODEiwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @BlackOnyx6 , yes, I restarted the phone in safe mode and the issue still exists.

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_VODEiwx in that case you definitely need a screen replacement. If there is no physical or liquid damage to the device a screen replacement is covered under your warranty. It needs to be inspected by a technician to verify no physical or liquid damage. If you have a secondary device to use for the time being you also have the option to mail your device in by using the same link I provided. 

*Does the pixel thats flickering happen to be in center of the screen at the very top? (I just want to verify its not a sensor) 

If at all possible try to attach the photos or videos in a private message to me. 

0 Likes
Samsung_VODEiwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@BlackOnyx6 The flickering pixels are at the top, to the right of the front camera. It seems that I cannot send you a private message as your user name does not pop up int the recipients. Could you shoot me a message so that I am able to reply to it?

BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

As @MB-837 stated it may be the sensor which is what I was thinking as well. Ill try to get a moderator involved so you can send the private message to one you them @SamsungAl