JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pixel flickering issue

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 01:37 PM)
Samsung_VODEiwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Galaxy S20+ and whenever I am on a call, part of the screen flickers. This issue is not specific to an app and can be replicated through any app that allows you to make calls (phone, Skype, WhatsApp). My girlfriend has a Galaxy S20 and she has the same issue as well. I have videos of the issue, however, I don't see a way to attach them to this post.

17 Replies
Solution
MB-837
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @Samsung_VODEiwx 

So what it sounds like what your seeing is the proximity sensor. Since the sensor is behind the screen, during calls, etc., you will see a single pixel lighting up to the right of the selfie cam. This is completely normal. If your on a call and place your finger over that pixel, you should see the screen go dark.

I hope this info helped in any way. Have a great day. 

Samsung_VODEiwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @MB-837 , that makes sense as I see it only during calls, regardless of the app. Thanks for the clarification!

0 Likes
recx__
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Sometimes it appears in my lock screen too. Is really quickly and disappears after that. Is that normal too?

0 Likes
Xavier_A
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

For this issue you are going to have to get your device inspected and repaired . Here is the link that is goin to help you get a repair : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
Ydania
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_VODEiwx  

This is totally normal. No need to send your device in for repair. That flashing pixel you see is just the proximity sensor on the device. It is now embedded into the display and flashing when a call is in progress or any type of whatsapp or skype call or voice message is being played. Like @MB-837  mentioned below if you place your finger over it, it will dim out the display. This is the same case for Note 10 & S10 series as well. No cause to worry all is well 🙂

Samsung_VODEiwx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi @Ydania , that makes sense. Thank you!

userUZGEa1pu5s
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my S20, but its not specific to just on call, it also seems to happen with the adaptive brightness in dim light. As I have already replaced the phone once before, I just want to confirm that there is no further issue as its happens regardless of apps or on calls.

Thanks

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

So happy you got the correct information! Cheers!