JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please stop with the curved (infinity edge) screens! Does ANYONE like them?

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 6:43 PM)
userGlHpWHKRsw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Top 5 reasons I HATE the edge screens or inifinity screens or curved edge screens or whatever you want to call them:

1. The phone is impossible to use without a case because when you hold it be the sides, you are touching the screen and if you don;t hold it firmly, you have a 99% chance of dropping it
  2. It adds zero useful functionality and takes away fom the useful area of the screen compared to having the same width with a flat screeen
  3. There are literally no good screen protectors because they are either the flexible type (which all suck completely) or the hard type, but cannot seal to the screen because they only adhere at the sides.
  4. In order to get a case that actually protects the phone (which are few and far between due to the design), it makes what extremely little utility the curved edge has, nonexistent.
  5. it makes the phone more expensive, but adds no useful value whicle also making the screen much more expensive to replace should it ever crack.

Bottom line, I still buy the Galaxy S series (had everyone since the S3 even a coupe of Notes) because the cameras are awesome, BUT every time a competitor comes out with a new phone with a flat screen I check to see if the camera has finally caught up and I would switch in a heartbeat. I have never met a single person who prefers the curved screen. What about you?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

I like the curved display. I have found plenty of screen protectors for my curved phones over the years, starting with the S6 Edge. To me the curved edge makes the phone look more premium, and feels better in hand.

The S21 and S21+ have flat panel displays so there you go!

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
I would only accept the 4th argument in which it can be challenged.
the purpose of the curved display is that it makes it easier to hold on hand without getting your hand tired. it also allows to reach farther with one hand. in addition it makes the phone beautiful (compare new iPhone with note 20 ultra or note10plus).
also, it gives you more display appearance because when the edges curve, they go down and out of sight.
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
First off let me tell you that I've heard the S21 and S21+ have flat screens... and the S21 Ultra has a curved screen. - - Will you be making the jump?

re your points...

1. I would never use a naked phone as it's not a matter of "if you will drop your phone" but "when" you will drop your phone...

2. Neutral on this point

3. I am using the screen protector that originally came with my phone 6 months ago and it works fine... and I used to have an expensive Zagg protector on my S8+ and it always adhered to the screen fine.

4. I use a Speck case on my S20+ and it seems fine for me.

5. I am willing to bet that the cost of a flat screen on the new S21 will be just as expensive as the screen on a curved s20... time will tell.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
I prefer curved cause it enhances the amoled display.
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

I like the curved display. I have found plenty of screen protectors for my curved phones over the years, starting with the S6 Edge. To me the curved edge makes the phone look more premium, and feels better in hand.

The S21 and S21+ have flat panel displays so there you go!

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!

View solution in context

0 Likes
user3QEOAlWiqX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
This is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!
0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
what's "absolutely not true" about my personal statement based on my REAL usage of my galaxy phones, that I've upgraded every year starting with the S6 Edge? your experience might not be the same, but that doesn't make my statement not true
0 Likes