Original topic:

Prevent screen from waking with notifications!?

(Topic created on: 12/7/20 1:04 PM)
ScooterPickle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Galaxy S20+ 5G: I'm at wits end with this! I drive predominantly at night and every freaking time I get a message, my screen turns on while driving. I'm in several group chats and the screen is lighting up every 5 seconds when the group gets chatty. Not only does this attract attention from the police, it's also a dangerous distraction! I DO NOT want the screen to turn on with notifications. All I want is the edge lighting and a brief desscription of the message. Short of disabling notifications altogether, I've tried every "solution" that I could find on line and not a single one prevents the screen from waking up when a notification is received. Please help me with this! Thank you!

5 Replies
RubberDingy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I am curious as well. My screen is on a ridiculous amount of time just from waking to let me know something insignificant happened.
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

there's 'do not disturb' button. it does not give you any norification while its on.

0 Likes
ScooterPickle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This isn't an option, as I need it to be on all the time. Because I'll forget to do it before getting into the truck and it's too much navigating to get to that setting while driving. Besides, I need to be notified of messages, I just don't want a bright sudden light in my face.

0 Likes
Members_CWdBES1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Messages - settings - notifications - new messages - show pop enable 

This worked for me to disable the annoying screen wake up.

Let me know if it works for you. Screenshot_20210110-214058_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Members_5kEPi6t
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

issue with this is that now when a person texts and the screen is on it shows a pop-up of what they texted.  why is there the option to not show details in the lock screen but no option to not show details in a pop-up?  I want the edge lighting to turn on when I get a text, not for the screen to wake up, and when the phone is on I also want the edge lighting, but I want it to just say "new message" instead of giving me the details of the message (what if someone is looking over my shoulder at my phone at something i'm showing them and I get a private message i don't want being seen by them??)... but this is now not an option no matter how many settings I tweak.  it's either have the screen wake up, but have privacy when the screen is on.. or have the edge lighting work with the phone off and have a detailed message pop-up when the screen is on......... so annoying!

0 Likes