JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 03-13-2020 05:29 PM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

127 Replies
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Well tested my ultra on the wifes car with the same model wireless charger and it works fine. So maybe it could have to do with the one I have but her s20+ charges perfect on it. I'll just have to swap them. 

0 Likes
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So instead of swapping the chargers I replaced the cable for the power to the charger with an old one laying around. It worked but it doesn't do fast wireless just wireless. Thats fine for me no more pausing. Might have something to do with fast wireless charging. 

0 Likes
userb6NIfBecwZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

We all need to be blowing up their Facebook page with these issues too. 

userQ0VBXjZY1L
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I went from an s8+ to the Ultra and cant get it to charge wirelessly in a case. Mind you im using the same case i had on my S8+. None of the wireless ones work. I dont know what they did with the design but it really stinks. I think ill contact EnGadet to ask them to review that so people know.

LouieC5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you have the fast wireless charging option turned on? In the settings just search "charging" and you'll see it. Along with fast charging and super fast charging. Hope this helps

0 Likes
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It was off. I played with that too.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
userYJ93t38YZU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung, please fix. I am having the same wireless charging issues that many are having on my S20 ultra after the recent software updates. Wireless charging is now useless. It worked fine before update. Now just pauses, cycles through fast and slow, repeat. And of course wakes you up in the middle of the night with that ba-boop sound over and over like when you first start charging.

0 Likes
usergi7mbZXBOW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem using the QuadLock wireless charger. But it seems to just stop charging after a few minutes. 

Worked perfectly with the S9. And no apps running.

0 Likes
userGuEiujWgaC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here in Europe with exynos s20+, on 3 different chargers. I tried every possible combination of charging settings, restarting the phone etc- none worked. Meanwhile S9+ fast-charges flawlessly. I suspect some bug in the firmware and I hope for a fix from Samsung. With this coronavirus it's hard to bring phone in for repair...

0 Likes