JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 06-18-2020 09:13 AM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

127 Replies
userA8TKpXvOUQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

You have to set it perfect one the pad. You don't use the phone to see if it is charging, you look at the pad you are using and see if the light comes on then check the phone. The camera bump causes the problem. The camera bump will be slightly on the pad for me to charge it. My problem is fast charging wirelessly just doesn't work at all with it on. 

user4IGngcZahZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

You will need a Samsung fast wireless charger to charge the phone fast enough for it to actually  charge. I'm assuming your using a normal wireless charger and not a fast one which would be fine for phones that use less power but this is the s20 ultra and needs a 5kmah battery t9 power it haha

0 Likes
userDqKEqess60
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

that is simply not true.

when i first got the wireless charger, it provide fast wireless charging with no problem.

but since the august update, it stops working completely.

keep pausing and resuming.

0 Likes
userrVDfBKN2bQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Ive just had the update and mine has stopped charging wirelessly, my wifes s20 hasnt dont the update yet and hers charges perfectly

0 Likes
Members_NyXUhuT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yup same here.  My s20 just cycles through wireless charging and wireless charge paused about every 10 seconds since the October 8th update.  This is unacceptable.  Samsung please fix this or let me  uninstall this update

0 Likes
userbgiqeknEyI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I also am experiencing some problems with wireless charging on my S20+ utilizing my morphie dual wireless charging pad. I have to constantly adjust my phone on the pad to try to get it to change. Sometimes it won't charge at all.  All other devices charge just fine on it. Any advice? 

0 Likes
userk4momnGOeX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yea I'm having issues with in in car wireless charger as well. At home its fine, can fast wireless charge and all that. But in car it only regular wireless charges even though my in car charger supports upto 30w fast wireless charging. It'll drain faster than it can charge if I'm playing music or using gps.

0 Likes
user6I3qYocHFd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My s20+ does not work with my wireless charger in my new tesla model Y. The dealership put a s8, s9, s10 in my car and they all worked fine. Verizon sent me a replacement phone and that one doesnt work either. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

This is my car charger, I encountered the "wireless charging paused" cycle of doom on a road trip.  What fixed this for me was to put the phone on the charger about a quarter inch to the left of center.  Seems a bit odd, but it worked like a charm.  Hope this helps.  1595129387782581739669378126664.jpg

0 Likes
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I got mine to work i replace the charging cable and it did the trick. Don't know why there was nothing wrong with the old cable  it worked fine plugging in directly to the phone. 

0 Likes