JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 10-11-2020 02:05 AM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

127 Replies
Members_NyXUhuT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same problem.  Please fix.

0 Likes
userrVDfBKN2bQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here, i did the update yesterday now phone wont wirelesly charge, my wife has not dont the update and hers still works fine, Hope this is sorted asap

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

I've got the same problem. Is this a defect or a software/firmware issue?

0 Likes
userXOqJ0JNQo6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Also experiencing the same issue on the S20. I replaced the cable on the iOttie car charger, used a QC 3.0 12v plug, it will start Fast wireless charging and stop 5 seconds later. Tried switching to regular wireless charging, still dropping. Wireless charging working on home chargers. So annoying.

0 Likes
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung has broken wirelss charging in the latest update, same thing has occured on my note 20 plus.

Wirelss charging was working perfectly before the update, now my phone switches from fast charging to normal charging every 2-5 seconds going back and forth.

Tested the charger on my S10 plus and s9. Both are working.

Samsung support wanted me to send my phone in, I reiterated that it wasn't a hardware issue but a software one. I pointed them to multiple threads where many have the exact same issue....refused to acknowledge.

userKINL0UcBF1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have 3 S20 5G phones that were wirelessly charging well up until the October software update was installed.  As soon as the update was installed wireless charging constantly cycles and pauses in approximately every 10 seconds.  If I reboot the phone and place on the charger while the phone reboots, the phone cycles but does not pause charging.  Given this issue and the fact that all 3 phones also intermittently miss calls and texts randomly even while in a very strong signal area im not overly impressed with these phones that each cost over $1000.  Up until now I was very impressed with the several Samsung products I have had but this is changing my mind.  Samsung needs to step up their game, this is not the quality I have come to expect.

userMhYV0CGSrK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue with my Note 20 Ultra.  My iOttie wireless charger worked flawlessly on my Note 8 and Galaxy S10.  iOttie customer support confirmed that the most recent software upgrade broke the charging with "non-certified" chargers.  Since when did Samsung have to certify every wireless charger and breaking those that are not.

Please change your software!!  I have $150 in two chargers that I cannot use.

0 Likes
SCA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just spoke to a Samsung support associate and he said he filed a report for the developer to report. I cannot receive any direct comments from developer though. Hope they accept and fix it soon. Mine is S20 and started having problem since October security patch.
userrVDfBKN2bQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

After the last s20 update 10.10.2020 my wirless charging system keeps pausing every 20seconds then going to fast charge then normal charge then pauses.... Anyone got the same problem or have  a fix??

DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I didn't get the October update yet.... w/ Verizon.

Out of curiosity, which wireless charger are you using?  I have one that I got to use with my Galaxy s8+;   Is the one you're using more powerful than that one?  I assume it must be.

FYI, I stopped using the wireless charger with my s8+  as I heard it wasn't that good for the battery;  have things improved with the current "wireless charger" and the S20???

Once I get the Oct. update w/ my phone I can check to see how my wireless charger works with the S20...

0 Likes