JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 10-21-2020 02:28 PM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

127 Replies
SkiingGramma
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately, same problem. Will watch the boards for solutions...

0 Likes
user2Yno8V6MQS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
same for me
0 Likes
user64EGgCF9um
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
This happened to me as well. I recently bought a new wireless charger for my car and now it doesn't work. This doesn't seem like a very good way to treat loyal customers. I've bought Samsung phones for the past 7 years and this just seems really bad for business.
0 Likes
userMhYV0CGSrK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes,  iOttie Charger Support acknowledges that software must acknowledge that the wireless charger has been "certified" by Samsung?  Really?

0 Likes
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Everytime I put my Note20 Ultra on the fast wireless charger it switches to regular charging within 5 or 10 seconds!?? Anyone else have this problem? It used to turn off completely. Now it won't stay on fast charging. What's the problem?
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung has broken wirelss charging in the latest update, same thing has occured on my note 20 plus.

Wirelss charging was working perfectly before the update, now my phone switches from fast charging to normal charging every 2-5 seconds going back and forth.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Problem-with-Galaxy-s20-ultra-wireless-charging/m-p/1...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-20-ultra/help/fast-wireless-charging-issue-t4168051/pag...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Wireless-Charging-Stopped-After-Update/td-p/1463192

Tested the charger on my S10 plus and s9. Both are working.

Samsung support wanted me to send my phone in, I reiterated that it wasn't a hardware issue but a software one. I pointed them to multiple threads where many have the exact same issue....refused to acknowledge.

SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
yeah that's why I didn't even want to contact them. hopefully they hear enough that they address soon!
0 Likes
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I sent through an error report to Samsung.

With a detailed description of the wireless charging fault 

Settings
- Information about the phone
- Contact us
- Report error

Next, enter a detailed description of the anomaly and attach the system log data. You will need to check the item at the bottom "Send system log data"

user2Yno8V6MQS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just purchased S20.  I have been experiencing the same problems you are describing.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you tried any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread?

0 Likes