JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 11-01-2020 12:46 PM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

127 Replies
userKINL0UcBF1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
My 3 do not even lock to normal charging. They constantly cycle still. And battery capacity seems to be taking a hit too. Not happy at all. Samsung really messed this up. All my other phones work properly on my chargers. If they don't fix, I'm done with Samsumg.
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

@userKINL0UcBF1 wrote:
My 3 do not even lock to normal charging. They constantly cycle still. And battery capacity seems to be taking a hit too. Not happy at all. Samsung really messed this up. All my other phones work properly on my chargers. If they don't fix, I'm done with Samsumg.

Agreed, my patience has worn thin, having been a loyal customer since S6, every year purchased the latest flagship, my time has come to an end. I'll be looking elsewhere with my money.

Instead of flooding people with the exact same troubleshooting, this thread should have been sent to the developers and rectified.

Customer support has been nothing short of embarrassing.

So long Samsung.

userYJ93t38YZU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

But have you gone through the troubleshooting steps???? LOL. What a joke. They aren't listening.

usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Just received a firmware update for my Note 20 plus..... fast charging is now working again on my iottie itap2.....finally Samsung.

0 Likes
userb6NIfBecwZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey Samsung how about you wake up and listen to your customer base and fix this issue. This is absolutely absurd that you will not allow fast wireless charging without buying your branded chargers. Maybe action needs to be taken against you. 

userb6NIfBecwZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@user0ebOig2Oyq wrote:

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've started reporting this to all the Android news sites. Maybe Samsung will get off their rear ends and fix this once they start publicizing the issue. 

userOvBx3dVLm1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
user6pjY2z4rLq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Have same issue, disabled NFC and didnt fix the issue, still not fast wireless charging with "Samsung Wireless Charger Battery Pack 10000mAh"

0 Likes
userwnbO9BHUPo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here with s20 5g.

Wireless charger works with s7 and s9.

S20 will cycle between regular charge, disconnect and quick charge repeatedly.

0 Likes
userKINL0UcBF1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
New software update Nov 26, 2020. Issue is STILL not fixed. Wireless charging still pauses every 10 seconds. All 3 of my phones currently have this issue. These will be my LAST Samsung products. I have been exclusive Samsung product for many years. This is the end of the road. You need to step up, Samsung.