JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 12-26-2020 05:42 AM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

127 Replies
Neurosis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
bought a wireless car charger for my new S20 Ultra 5g and this exact thing is happening.

every 2-5 seconds: fast charging => charging => paused

Very frustrating. How has this not been fixed? It makes a key feature to the phone unusable.
Savvysawce
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Verifying the same issue with a new S20 FE 5g.

Every time I place it on the wireless charger it reads "Fast Charging" for about 2 seconds and goes back to normal speed. I'm using the same brick and USB cable to power the wireless charger that gives my phone a fast charge when plugged in. 

SEND HALP

lxRavenxl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Its blocked intentionally. Only Samsung official pad or certified by Samsung pad will be able to do Wireless Fast charging.

Fast wireless charging will only be enabled on devices that have been certified by Samsung and the Wireless Power Consortium. If you are using a non-Samsung wireless fast charger, check with the manufacturer or WPC homepage for the charger's certifications.

Refer the official link below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001490/#phone-is-not-charging-with-wireless-...

@Savvysawce wrote:

Verifying the same issue with a new S20 FE 5g.

Every time I place it on the wireless charger it reads "Fast Charging" for about 2 seconds and goes back to normal speed. I'm using the same brick and USB cable to power the wireless charger that gives my phone a fast charge when plugged in. 

SEND HALP

userWatcMLFfHz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

If this is true, why does my Samsung Galaxy S10 fast charge wirelessly for the whole duration?

0 Likes
Dnice007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I checked the WPC site & my chargers are all listed (iOttie stands) yet fast wireless charging doesn't work. Worthless response from Samsung.
0 Likes
userjMidPzwKs3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Galaxy note 5g 

Also no longer fast charging even though quad lock wireless charger is listed on the database 

0 Likes
user1b01SWW4mX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

After update my s20+ 5G to android 11 still the same problem with wireless charger xD i don't belive 😞 Samsung, what are you doing :<

0 Likes
HwoALanG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

same issue. 

after the update, QI charge stopped working. doesn't even work with normal Wireless Charging. my Galaxy Fold works just fine, so as Galaxy Watch 3... this is very annoying. 

0 Likes
jnades
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
mine worked fine the other day. now, not so much. the wireless charger blinks blue then green then blue again so I know there's power going to it. if there's a setting I need to turn on that got turned off some how, please let me know. p.s. my wireless charger is a Samsung fast charge pod thingamajig.
0 Likes
userBlyr8V9alV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

FIX THIS SAMSUNG!!!!!!