JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 03-09-2020 07:02 PM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
127 Replies
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you been able to perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in this thread?

0 Likes
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

@SamsungRyder wrote:

Have you been able to perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in this thread?

I'm not sure if you're choosing to ignore the 9 previous pages of the exact same complaint,  all with the same symptoms, all after the October update and all randomly switching between fast wireless charging and standard charging every 3 to 5 seconds.

What I do know is that I have a certified iottie charger. It was previously working on my note 20 plus. After the October update it no longer works. My S10 plus still works and so does my S9 on the iottie wireless charger. I Haven't updated those phones.

I received a Samsung charger the other day through my promotion when I bought my phone.....and what do you know my Samsung note 20 plus works.

So instead of feeding us all  (9 pages worth of angry customers) with the same useless troubleshooting, actually do something substantial  and either confirm that Samaung is locking out other branded chargers or acknowledge that there is a problem and get it rectified.

2 series of phones note 20 and s20 with the same symptoms, same update and same problem.

user2Yno8V6MQS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I was having all the same trouble with my s20 as described here. cycling between fast charging. was not working with my phone case. this being on (2) 10w Qi certified chargers from Ubiolabs that I already owned. However, surprisingly now that I I just purchased a Samsung wireless charger model ep-n5200 for about twice the cost (admittedly with better performance and a fan, but still). Everything works perfectly. works with my phone case, fast charging works, etc, Come on Samsung really.
0 Likes
Samsung_IXqAamx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Wow I signed just to post I'm having the same problem. I use a ubio fast charger that I've had no issues with on my s10 nor s20 until recently. I'll put it in charger and in the morning my phone is at 0 percent. 

I give samsung one month before I seriously call them up and tell them they need to fix the issue or give me money back for a defective phone. 

0 Likes
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Well it's confirmed they are purposely doing it, just received a system update, they have now locked certified non Samsung chargers to normal wireless charging.

Mine now works "iottie" again with my Note 20, but only normal charging.

Absolute pigs.

0 Likes
userKINL0UcBF1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Received new update today in 3 S20 phones. Did NOT fix the charging issue. Phone still cycles and pauses every 10 seconds. This is annoying and disgraceful. Really upset with Samsung. I have had Samsung phones since the Continuum came out years ago. I swear these will be the LAST Samsung products I will ever buy. 1000 for each phone and this us how we get treated. Seriously thinking of trading these for something else or returning to Samsung again for repair.  

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Did you try any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps in the thread?

0 Likes
userYJ93t38YZU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Dear Samsung moderator,

The troubleshooting does nothing to fix this Samsung caused issue. Why continue to ask this? Has this been taken to anyone at Samsung that can actually fix it? You are not listening to your customers. I am regretting buying the S20 Ultra and I know others are as well. The charging issue is a big deal. This shouldn't happen on any phone, let alone a "premium" phone.

0 Likes
userKINL0UcBF1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes I have tried all options. This started immediately after installing updates on my 3 phones. As soon as the update installed the issue began. After using charger the last couple of weeks ( phone cycles but ultimately will charge if left on overnight) battery life is getting shorter. used to last almost 2 days on 100% charge now gets me barely through a day. Hopefully this isn't damaging the battery. I am seriously ready to dump my 3 S20 phones after being extremely loyal to Samsung. Sorry I bought these, and talked my brother into 2 as well.
0 Likes
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

My Note 20 plus has just received an update, it seems that all non branded Samsung certified chargers have been locked to normal charging speed.

Originally my iottie charger using fast charging was working with my Note 20 plus, I then received the October update and it then started cycling between fast charging and normal charging every 3 to 5 seconds. I have now received another update, and it's now locked to normal charging. Meanwhile I have tested my S10 plus and Galaxy S9 which I have not updated both are are fast charging on the iottie certified charger.

Can't wait for the next troubleshooting techniques in here.......such as try placing your phone in the centre of the wireless charger and if that fails,  have you tried a hard reset. Lol.

0 Likes