JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 03-09-2020 07:02 PM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
127 Replies
userWAwSC3DHFh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My T-Mobile S20 Ultra 5g just updated to the latest software, and now Fast Wireless Charging won't work with any of the fast chargers I have.  This worked fine before the update, so I know it's a software issue.  This needs to be fixed ASAP!

usergTZMes77Xh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue 

Romancha
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue.

Samsung, why did you decide that limiting third-party charging is a good idea?
Your proprietary wireless chargers don't cover all use cases - car, bike, motorcycle mount chargers.

Seriously, this is unbearable. I buy a phone from a top line and it cannot be charged with wireless charging on my bike, while a Chinese phone, which costs 3 times cheaper, charges without problems.

Samsung, wake up and fix it!

userzrLKLgH6tB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have same issue in Samsung s21 ultra 

0 Likes
userKyVGPMNO88
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem with s21+ what is this Samsung? flagship phones and can't use a wireless car  charger due to your software blocking it? Even know your site says it's a supported brand and it works with S6/s7/s8/s10

We know it works because it starts charging but then your software stops it.

Come on now show some customer support, the 'troubleshooting' is done, this is a software issue made on purpose and the devs need to fix it.

0 Likes
usera7wngPqLl3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

The software is a bit dodgy, try locking the phone and then placing it on the charger while its locked.

Let me know if this works.

0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I recommend that you follow these steps here

If these steps do not work then your unit will require service. Please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and include a link to this thread.
1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
2. Twitter: https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513
3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

userB6B9IssXgQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a similar problem with the original Wireless Charger Pad EP-P1100, adapter EP-TA800 and S21. The fast charging used to work on the previous S10e but it is not working on S21 😞 (Wireless fast charging is enabled in the settings)