JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 03-09-2020 07:02 PM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
127 Replies
user2lBSBjeAc3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes! Mine is doing the same. I have a Samsung 20 Ultra. When I first got my car it worked fine but, since the latest updates, I keep getting the "wireless charging paused" error message. This is a huge problem! I got this car w/wireless charging so that I don't have to worry about cables. I paid extra for that and now it's not working. And if it's only the Ultra, that's a problem as well! This phone costs way too much to have these issues. Samsung needs to respond to this ASAP..

userDJxrDULqud
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm also having the same pausing issue with my new note 20 Ultra. Seems like it could be related to a recent update which would be quite disappointing. This is my first samsung since the s6+ and I can't say this is very comforting when spending 1300 bucks on a phone.

userHqfGcy7xJb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here, it was working well before the update and soon after the update it stopped. checked with chat support and they are asking me to do full factory reset and clear cache.  not going to do it now

userKBJqFWQWLV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've had the Note 20 Ultra since release day. No problems with wireless charging (regardless of charger (weak Verizon one that is over 5 years old,  Samsung pad, and new high-speed Ubiolabs charger) or orientation (portrait /landscape)). First time, every time.

Then, I installed August security update that I was prompted to do so last night. Since then none of the wireless chargers work. 

It instantly recognizes it and starts charging, but 2-3 seconds later, screen comes on, vibrates at me and says charging paused. 

Very annoying and my phone loses power while "charging". 

This needs to be fixed. 

userDqKEqess60
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

yes! mine too, after the update, it is acting up

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

Did you try any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps in the thread?

0 Likes
ButterflyJester
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have had the Note 20 Ultra for about a month now.  Wireless charging worked fine until a security update YESTERDAY.   Now I have the same problem everyone is describing.  Less than pleased.

Samsung_Oh6dIsi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here with Galaxy S20 Plus. Wireless charging worked fine until the update was released and installed 2 days ago.

Anyone have a workaround?

userd3h8etn4mJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here.  I've had the Note 20 Ultra since release and it has worked on all 5 of my wireless chargers. As of the last update, Wireless charging keeps connecting/disconnecting.

Samsung_Oh6dIsi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here with Galaxy S20 Plus. Wireless charging worked fine until the update was released and installed 2 days ago. Now cycles between 'charging' and 'charging paused' over and over. Does not charge wirelessly.

Anyone have a workaround?

0 Likes