JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 03-09-2020 07:02 PM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
127 Replies
userrVDfBKN2bQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Its a brand new Lenoxx alarm clock with wireless charge dock ontop, My wife has the same phone and does not have the update yet and that charges perfectly.

Plus up until yesterday since i got the charger a few days ago its been working perfect.

Lenoxx charge dock is designed for all the new phones including the fast charge selection.

@DGM wrote:

I didn't get the October update yet.... w/ Verizon.

Out of curiosity, which wireless charger are you using?  I have one that I got to use with my Galaxy s8+;   Is the one you're using more powerful than that one?  I assume it must be.

FYI, I stopped using the wireless charger with my s8+  as I heard it wasn't that good for the battery;  have things improved with the current "wireless charger" and the S20???

Once I get the Oct. update w/ my phone I can check to see how my wireless charger works with the S20...

0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Here's a link with some helpful ideas. You might have luck with the Reset Settings option, but you may as well go down the list to make sure it's not something else. Good luck!

https://www.seektogeek.com/galaxy-s20-wireless-charging-not-working/
0 Likes
uservw7oDsWRR5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes. this happened to my S20 also. Sept security patch update.

I live in Hong Kong with a Hong Kong version S20, so I assume this is a global problem. 

Quite ridiculous. 

Meladori
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the Ultra and the Samsung dual charging pad and mine still works correctly.
0 Likes
userrVDfBKN2bQ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Has your ultra had an update in the last few days??

0 Likes
Meladori
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
yeah the OCT security patch
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

It's definitely a thing.....Samsung has broken wirelss charging in the latest update, same thing has occured on my note 20 plus.

Wirelss charging was working perfectly before the update, now my phone switches from fast charging to normal charging every 5 seconds going back and forth.

Tested the charger on my S10 plus and s9. Both are working.

On XDA people have noted the exact same issue.

User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

which brand are you using for the wireless charger?

0 Likes
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm using the iottie iTap 2.

userKINL0UcBF1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have 3 S20 5G phones. Exact same problem where wireless charging cycles. Happened immediately after last update (October). I have several charging pads and other phones still charge well. Update definitely affected wireless charging.
0 Likes