cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation

Re: Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its blocked intentionally. Only Samsung official pad or certified by Samsung pad will be able to do Wireless Fast charging.

Fast wireless charging will only be enabled on devices that have been certified by Samsung and the Wireless Power Consortium. If you are using a non-Samsung wireless fast charger, check with the manufacturer or WPC homepage for the charger's certifications.

Refer the official link below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001490/#phone-is-not-charging-with-wireless-...

@Savvysawce wrote:

Verifying the same issue with a new S20 FE 5g.

Every time I place it on the wireless charger it reads "Fast Charging" for about 2 seconds and goes back to normal speed. I'm using the same brick and USB cable to power the wireless charger that gives my phone a fast charge when plugged in. 

SEND HALP

View solution in original post

117 REPLIES 117
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Wireless car charger cycles on ultra but works with S10+ and Iphone pro max.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The phone fits perfectly. I have tried it with the case off and the case on still no luck. Tomorrow I will try using the wireless charger on the wife car since its the same as mine. See if there any difference. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. All our other phones charge fine on it too.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In what universe would that be acceptable, charging with a wire???

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gotta get the actual charger for the s20. My newest wireless charger won't keep up with my s20 unless I close down every app and shut it off otherwise its like using a regular charger and says something along the lines of "this phone uses to much energy to wireless charge" in not so many words. You need to wait for the wireless charger to come out for the s20. The processor is using to much to keep up with the low wattage of your wireless charger.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It like that since the phone was brand new with no new apps installed yet. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah didn't work. Thanks tho

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never have had a issue with my s20 ultra charging wireless