cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Proximity sensor s20fe

I just got a s20fe. I keep putting people on hold, hanging up, putting phone in airplane mode... I can easily make the screen come back on by moving my head around.  Then it takes several seconds to go back off. In that time its easy to hit buttons with my ear or face. Can I make the sensor more sensitive?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Proximity sensor s20fe

This was my experience! Exactly! I barely move the phone to the left or the right or I start walking and the screen wakes up on it's own, only sometimes would it go black.

I heard they put a virtual proximity sensor in, through software and not a physical one, I'm not sure if that's true!

But I cover the screen with half my hand and the screen won't go black. And it only goes black through motion, moving to my face and back, but won't stay black for long

Highlighted
Constellation

they obviously did no QC of the phones before shipping them...kind of a replay of note 7...which turned into note 7 fe....maybe junk parts are to blame...supposedly an update has been sent out...but US customers are not available to download that version....
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I made a video of the problem, putting the phone into test mode. Look how good the S9 is, then the S20 FE  https://youtu.be/f95u_PqrUrA   I don't want to send this for repair, if I will get it back in the same condition. Honestly a 2 week old phone, I don't want repaired regardless, I want a new one. 

test and failing the proximity sensor on the galaxy S20 FE. The S9 proximity sensor is far superior to the nearly new S20 FE proximity sensor. Walking around...
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Proximity sensor s20fe

s20fe is a down grade from s9 honestly just for the screen dpi to me. speed is not recognizable
Highlighted
Asteroid

Yap also facing the same problem, this problem and the touchscreen problem are really making feel disappointed with samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

they are not helping anyone
Highlighted
Asteroid

This is affecting several customers (two S20 FE phones in my household 100% affected).

I just reached out to my carrier, T-Mobile but will be filing a complaint with the Best Business Bureau next if this is not addressed.

A phone that makes phone calls impossible? Outlandish!

Highlighted

is the device close to the ear while on the phone though? if not, it needs to be more close to the ear when you're on the phone. just like AndroidDigest mentioned, it is a virtual proximity sensor so it's going to be a little different from other models that have a physical proximity sensor. make sure you guys put it closer to the ear, it should turn off the screen successfully. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Isn’t that a health risk to have the phone close to the head? I’m glad I didn’t get the FE. So many issue with the device