Original topic:

Purchase an unlocked phone

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 2:39 PM)
EMTCory
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I purchased an unlocked Samsung Galaxy s20 Note from Samsung, put my 4G Verizon Pre-Paid Chip into it, but noticed I was unable to enter that phone into my Verizon Pre-Paid account. Also noticed I was not getting any 4G service. Is it because the chip is only 4G and the phone is 5G? I was able to get data but only at LTE. Because of that I sent the phone back. Should I have kept it?

0 Likes
5 Replies
St3v3C
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
all you need to do is get a 5g compatible SIM. contact Verizon. they may charge you like $20 for the new SIM, but that should resolve the issue
0 Likes
crisc84104
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I purchased an unlocked Note 20 ultra. biggest mistake ever. Bad connectivity all around, constant dropped calls, not receiving texts nor calls at times, constant lagging
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Who is your carrier?  Have you checked with them?

0 Likes
crisc84104
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
yes I have. and since it's unlocked there's no help. I've already switched sim cards twice. The next phone I'm purchasing I'm buying a carrier phone
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

I checked with Verizon earlier and they said any phone directly unlocked by Samsung should work fine with their service.... I would assume the same would be true of other carriers...

One thing we've all learned is "unlocked phones" get their updates last... it's hard to understand why that's the case, but it is for now...

0 Likes