cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

RCS - Unlocked S20 Series

When will the native Samsung messages app get RCS support on US Unlocked S20 phones? Yes, I know you can use Google messages but that's not compatible with the windows 10 my phone app.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RCS - Unlocked S20 Series

RCS does work for me in the native Samsung Messages. I have the unlocked S20 on Sprint.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@_Nate_ Google messages has a website for RCS that is connected to your phone they call it "messages for web" the link is here  https://messages.google.com/web  scan the QR from your phone and it will connect automatically. For me google messages for web is a lot more stable than widnows phone you dont even need to connect you phone to the computer to use google RCS on windows

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Did you buy the phone from Samsung and select unlocked, from Samsung and select Sprint, or Sprint and select pay in full?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@_Nate_ Google messages will work in any android phone adn their website will work on any andorid as well.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yes. I would like to see Samsung messages with RCS and not have to use Google messages. Especially since I also use the Galaxy active 2 watch. I know I can still see messages from Google messages on my watch but it's a lot more work to view them and I can't compose new messages from The watch it works better with Samsung messages as default unless they can update the watch to support Google messages as a default message app so it works similar to send my messages which just fluid and simple then I would go back to Google messages cuz I do like it but I prefer Samsung messages as of right now because of my watch.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm in the same boat.  Unlocked S20 on AT&T.  Apparently if you have the AT&T version you get advanced messaging but if you are unlocked you get punished.  I did just see an article posted about 2 weeks ago that says no matter what carrier you're on we should be getting RCS on unlocked S20s.  Google teamed up with Samsung to make this happen so you won't have to use Google messages.  It will work in Samsung messages.  I personally don't want to use Google messages.  I don't like it as much.  You can't pin messages to the top and also I like how Samsung messages are better for one hand use.  Hopefully they get moving on this soon because SMS/MMS is awful especially with how big photos are now with all these better cameras.  It's a real bummer this isn't already universal for all carriers and all Android users.