cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

RCS support

When is Samsung Messages going to fully support RCS. This is getting ridiculous. Apple iMessage has been around forever and you guys can't get RCS GOING? if it's a carrier thing then get them going. Tell them to stop dragging their butts and catch up to modern tech. I'm with Verizon and they claim to be the best carrier... Make them prove it. Some kind of update timeline would be nice. 6 months... Sometime this year guaranteed....never....lol
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sun

Re: RCS support

Download google messages off the play store. That will give you RCS Messaging👍

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: RCS support

I don't want to use Google messages as I already have used it. I want to use Samsung Messages so I can use it's features and it works better with my galaxy watch.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I've had RCS support with Google messages since early this year. download it soon. you'll be happy you did
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I've been using Google messages but even though I get the messages on my galaxy watch, it still doesn't play well. plus RCS doesn't benefit me right now since all my family use Apple and my work uses Apple so I don't get the benefits anyways. if rather use Samsung Messages for the few features that still are better
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

about like the good old android 10 update for my a10e. Got android 11 out with the a10e on it..when.is android 10 first? Must gonna skip it
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey Samsung member,

The Samsung stock messages has RCS however certain conditions must be met. Both your devices need to be carrier-branded. I'm not sure about when Samsung is going to put their own RCS inside of their messages app however

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

yeah this is an issue that should be resolved like last year. if Google can make their messaging app work with RCS even if your carrier doesn't support it, then saving should be able to do the same. Apple can. Samsung needs to drop the hammer on these carriers and make them stop restrictions with your apps. for anyone really
Highlighted
Asteroid

Google is working on adding there RCS directly into the Samsung Messages app so you should be getting it soon. This will be the same with bypassing carriers just for Samsung this time
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I don't see why both should be on the same carrier. and if that's they case why does Verizon support RCS with the S9 but haven't added it to newer models. most people have upgraded from their S9 a while ago. if Verizon (or any carrier) made it work with a specific model then making new ones with should be automatically since they were the same.