cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Random Missed calls - S20

I am seeing this issue across multiple carriers/providers. VZW, ATT and I am with Sprint/TM.

I have the S20 and have been having this issue since March 2020 when I signed on with Sprint.  I have worked with their tech support multiple times with no relief.

Nature of problem:

Random missed calls

> Calls are being directed to VM without the phone ever ringing on my end. The  only way I know I've missed a call is when the VM indicator tells me or                  someone calls a relative and tells them to tell me to call them.

> Missed calls are NOT appearing in the call log at all.  No indication of there ever being a missed call unless a VM is left.

> There is no rhym or reason as to when or who will encounter this issue when attempting to call me.  I have had missed calls from all carriers as well as land line customers.
>  The issue is NOT related to geography or signal strength. As recent as 2 wks ago, I was sitting in my daughter's apartment with FULL signal. My son attempted to call me 8+ times and my phone never rang!  He called my daughter and asked her to get me to call him.

>  Issue started with Sprint and carried over to TM when I was transitioned to their network.

Troubleshooting and things that have been done to date to attempt to resolve:

1)  Refresh the network - this seems to be done each and every time I contact Sprint support.  This has not resolved the issue.

2) Updated software - I downloaded/installed the latest software update. This has not resolved the issue.

3) Removed and cleaned the SIM. This has not resolved the issue.

4) Went to Sprint corp store and they replaced the SIM.  This has not resolved the issue.

5)  Turned of 5G - This has not resolved the issue.

6) Cleared cashe - This has not resolved the issue. (Note: I do not have the app installed that has been mentioned in similar posts which seemed to cause this issue)

7) Turned off Wi-Fi calling - This has not resolved the issue.

8) Factory Data Reset - This has not resolved the issue.

With Sprint/TM tech support having reached their witts end, they advised me to contact Samsung warranty support directly.  I did so yesterday and they advised to take to their authorized repair shop. I did so today and they ran their diagnostic tests, finding the phone is in "perfect working order". Their only thoughts being that it could be a glitch in the software.

I contacted Samsung warranty support with today's results and was advised I would need to send them the phone for their techs to investigate further.  When I explained I could not be without for any duration, the person simply quit responding.

I again contacted Sprint/TM customer retention and they attempted to "go through the motions" of refreshing the network, etc. all over again.  Then suggested that I contact Ashurion to obtain a replacement.  Absolutely not! This has been an issue out of the box and I will not pay for a new phone and get a refurb - period.

I apologize in advance for the length, but felt it worthwhile to itemize the issue in detail as well as all the various attempts to resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Random Missed calls - S20

We have the same issue with one of the S20+ phones in our household. This was purchased directly from Samsung and they just want to put you on hold so you will go away. We did all the options that you mentioned with no correction to problems. They also want us to pay Ashurion for a refurbished phone!!! This phone costs too much to get a refurbished after paying more to the insurance co.

@userVudec54u0C wrote:

I am seeing this issue across multiple carriers/providers. VZW, ATT and I am with Sprint/TM.

I have the S20 and have been having this issue since March 2020 when I signed on with Sprint.  I have worked with their tech support multiple times with no relief.

Nature of problem:

Random missed calls

> Calls are being directed to VM without the phone ever ringing on my end. The  only way I know I've missed a call is when the VM indicator tells me or                  someone calls a relative and tells them to tell me to call them.

> Missed calls are NOT appearing in the call log at all.  No indication of there ever being a missed call unless a VM is left.

> There is no rhym or reason as to when or who will encounter this issue when attempting to call me.  I have had missed calls from all carriers as well as land line customers.
>  The issue is NOT related to geography or signal strength. As recent as 2 wks ago, I was sitting in my daughter's apartment with FULL signal. My son attempted to call me 8+ times and my phone never rang!  He called my daughter and asked her to get me to call him.

>  Issue started with Sprint and carried over to TM when I was transitioned to their network.

Troubleshooting and things that have been done to date to attempt to resolve:

1)  Refresh the network - this seems to be done each and every time I contact Sprint support.  This has not resolved the issue.

2) Updated software - I downloaded/installed the latest software update. This has not resolved the issue.

3) Removed and cleaned the SIM. This has not resolved the issue.

4) Went to Sprint corp store and they replaced the SIM.  This has not resolved the issue.

5)  Turned of 5G - This has not resolved the issue.

6) Cleared cashe - This has not resolved the issue. (Note: I do not have the app installed that has been mentioned in similar posts which seemed to cause this issue)

7) Turned off Wi-Fi calling - This has not resolved the issue.

8) Factory Data Reset - This has not resolved the issue.

With Sprint/TM tech support having reached their witts end, they advised me to contact Samsung warranty support directly.  I did so yesterday and they advised to take to their authorized repair shop. I did so today and they ran their diagnostic tests, finding the phone is in "perfect working order". Their only thoughts being that it could be a glitch in the software.

I contacted Samsung warranty support with today's results and was advised I would need to send them the phone for their techs to investigate further.  When I explained I could not be without for any duration, the person simply quit responding.

I again contacted Sprint/TM customer retention and they attempted to "go through the motions" of refreshing the network, etc. all over again.  Then suggested that I contact Ashurion to obtain a replacement.  Absolutely not! This has been an issue out of the box and I will not pay for a new phone and get a refurb - period.

I apologize in advance for the length, but felt it worthwhile to itemize the issue in detail as well as all the various attempts to resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Constellation

Exact same issue, same carrier T-Mobile, on 2 of our S10+ phones.  Time frame issue started was around end of July.

I have also been on the phone with T-Mobile tech support for hours, cleared network settings. Replaced SIMs, no fix. Have to reboot but that only fixes for very short times. I have removed all phone  caller screening apps. Nothing fixes it. I have found i can toggle airplane mode  on/off which is faster then reboot.

T-Mobile gave up, said if continues to contact Samsung or get insurance and swap phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

If you are within your 14 day window still, I would advise to cancle your lease and get a different manufacturer.

I am fighting now to get my lease broken so that I can get a different phone

Highlighted
Asteroid

Sprint/TM agreed to break the lease/purchase agreement.  When I went to upgrade to a different manufacturer, my only option was to basically purchase the phone outright - not your typical 18-24 month lease agreement!  Not wanting to come out of pocket with $800-$900 simply to swap phones, I am moving my service back to VZW.  They are offering a BOGO on Apple phones right now and we had planned to add a line anyway for our son.  Win - win for me and problem should be resolved shortly.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for posting this. I just upgraded my wifes to the S20 5g and I got the Note S20 5g. We are experiencing the same exact issues on both phones. And we are experiencing multiple duplicate texts randomly sometimes up to 11 times. This needs to be fixed urgently.

Larry

Highlighted
Asteroid

If you are within your 14 day window (not sure who your carrier is), break your lease and get a different device.  Otherwise, you will fight miles of red tape as there is no "fix" for this in sight.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am experiencing the same problem. Text come in multiple times and are send multiple times.