Original topic:

Random Restarts on S20 FE?

(Topic created: 06-25-2021 06:40 AM)
Sengine
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought the S20FE back in March and I had a random restart issue. When I purchased it I updated the phone and reset. Problem was it would hang sometimes and restart on you. I tried clearing the cache and resetting a few times and adding apps in small bunches. But believe that issue was fixed by a Google app update. But for some reason lately randomly the phone will ask for my pin instead of using bio metrics.

I have read that this is a security thing but does this happen 3 or 4 times a day? And when it does this, Spotify seems to open and be waiting in the pull down like a restart happened. Plus this morning I took phone off wireless charger and it put it self in safe mode. Im really starting to wonder if I got a dud.

5 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
This will sound funny, but I had the same issue. And I found when I set it to auto restart, believe it or not, this solved the issue.
From settings > Battery & Device Care > Tap 3 dots> Automation > Auto Restart at Set times > turn on, & pick atleast 2 days
Sengine
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yea mine is set to restart once a week. I'll try doing 3 times but that is a heck of a quark this phone has then. My S8+ was like the Energizer Bunny and never really needed it.

Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Only other thing, but it is time consuming, & pain in the butt. Could do a factory reset
0 Likes
Sengine
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Yea might try that.
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

auto restart only will work at the scheduled time and only under certain conditions, which are listed in the auto-restart settings. so if it restarted randomly, then something else could be causing the restart. 

i'd submit an error report on members app > + button > error report when it randomly restarts again. 

0 Likes