cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Random green dot issue on my S20 plus

As of yesterday,green dot in the middle of blue circle.green dot in the middle of blue circle. I believe once I activate bixby routines and changed my wallpaper a green dot now appears on the screen (photo above). I have turned bixby routines off and the dot still remains and it is obviously not on the original photo used for the wallpaper.  I checked online and I found something called a proximity sensor that cannot be deactivated.  Is there a known issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Random green dot issue on my S20 plus

the proximity sensor is on the top of the phone (next to the hole punch camera). I'm not sure what this green dot is, but if it was the proximity sensor, it would not show up on a screenshot like this. Did you recently install a new app?
Highlighted
Constellation

I did not install any new apps, actually deleted a couple. I did, however, activate and set up Bixby Routines yesterday. And changed the wallpaper. I turned on Bixby Routines driving option so it supposedly will incoming text messages aloud over car speakers via bluetooth.  So not idea either why this dot appeared.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Have you been able to test your device in safe mode to see if the symptom continues? You can do so by following these steps.

Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen
Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode.
The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

Let me know how this works!

Highlighted

does it appear on anywhere on the screen? 

like in settings, browsers, youtube?