Original topic:

Random "Back"

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 09:16 PM)
userzX0YTQpp9t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

I am experiencing this weird issue on my S20. The issue is that the phone out of nowhere does the "back" command/button even though I am not touching or doing the gesture for the "back" command. This is more common/noticeable when watching netflix, youtube because I am watching videos but it happens in any apps. For example, I am watching video in youtube in fullscreen. Then after sometime, in the middle of watching a video, the screen will go to small screen (not full screen).. Another example is netflix, im watching a movie then out of nowhere the netflix will go "back" into the part where I have to select resume..

I feel like the issue started after the recent update and I dont know what to do or how to fix this. Hoping someone can help me with the issue.

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Did you try turning it off then on again? (*then try reseting phones default settings>reset all settings) if it only does it on Netflix app try reinstalling Netflix. and if you're using a VPN make sure it's configured correctly for Netflix. manually check for firmware update.
If none of that works backup your phones data and factory restore >last resort
0 Likes
userzX0YTQpp9t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for the response/help.

So today, I did restart. That didnt work. I reset the phone same thing. I factory reset and after installing everything again, same thing. Im not sure what else to do 😞

Options
Galaxy S20
That has the steps to limit the sensitivity might help worth a shot before taking it in I guess
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Maybe it is the Spen gestures try disabling them in settings search Spen>[motion and gestures]
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
The S20 doesn't have support for the Spen 🤨
Options
Galaxy S20
Lol I usually am off by 1. Thanks
0 Likes
userE2vWG3Lmbi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So I've been having the same issue on my S20 for about a month now. I realized that every time this issue occurs, the messages app appeared in task view. I turned off "appear on top" for the messages app and have not had the issue since. Hope this helped!

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@userzX0YTQpp9t I suspect there is an app behind it that does the function so try to put it in safe mode you should be able to see youtube in safe mode and see if it does the same way. 

0 Likes