JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Random vibration glitch? (Galaxy S20 Ultra)

(Topic created: 09-16-2020 08:24 AM)
Lusarusrex
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've experienced my phone vibrating consistently for no apparent reason on three separate occasions. I haven't found the trigger for it. Having my phone on silent doesn't seem to keep it from happening.

After doing some research I found others are experiencing the same glitch.

Is there something I can do to fix this or keep it from happening? 
12 Replies
JBNYC9
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
same issue. driving me nuts
JBNYC9
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
mine is a galaxy s20, not ultra
user5OmTngAEoL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

For me started this week with the new update on my S20+, it's as I'm using the edge bar.

keiko6166
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
came here for a solution, but seems to keep happening. I have an s20, anyone got a fix?
0 Likes
Solution
userTqkLK55Lz9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I Am having the same issue with my galaxy s20 ultra. I figured out that it is the compass thats having a bug. It reacts randomly to the position in the background even with the sidebar closed, so when you turn north/south/east/west in a certain moment, it vibrates for hitting the direction, like it does when it's open. That's why it vibrates randomly because of movement. When you open the compass in that case, then swipe it away, the vibration stops. Maybe someone else can try this and confirm, so maybe some support staff can pass it to the developers. 

Members_lMaBYRK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar! That is exactly what my s20 ultra was going. I was going absolutely insane with those stupid little vibrations. Before I saw your suggestion, I was able to replicate it multiple times, but I was thinking it had to do with the camera running in the background, trying to focus on whatever I was aiming at. The compass didn't even cross my mind but that is definitely the source of the problem. Mine would go on for hours just vibrating, I was getting to the point where I was about to throw my phone off a bridge and move off the grid, but thanks to you I now know how to end the problem as soon as it starts. 

userTqkLK55Lz9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

You are mostly welcome! I hope Samsung fixes this bug as soon as possible, because it drives all of us crazy!

0 Likes
userzS71iXHyhc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't think this is it for my random vibrating. I never opened up a compass on my s20+ and it just happened for the first time TODAY 12/8/2020 (I've had the phone for 6 months). I picked it up, no application, no notifications, still vibrated up until the point I press the lock/unlock button

0 Likes
krystalbatimana
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
i don't have a compass on my s20plus but I did notice it's vibrating when it's updating my location, but i dont know how to turn it off.
0 Likes