cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Read recipts on chat messages not working

So my Fiancé and I upgraded to the s20 ultra from our previous note 9's yesterday. After porting our numbers over through our carrier and getting our new phones all set up i noticed that my chats with her are no longer sending as chat messages. I've tried resetitng my phone, altering multiple message settings, and even updating my software but none of these strategies have fixed our problem. Please help! We both have the galaxy wearable active 2 watches synced to our phones each with their own number and cell plan. Could that be effecting how my messages are sending?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Read recipts on chat messages not working

Hello, I am sorry that you are experiencing this but I am here to help you to resolve the issue. Now since you have done quite a couple resetting and alternating , have you tried resetting your network settings, this usually helps with text messages. So first that you need to do is

Go to settings 

Then scroll down and click general management 

youre going to click reset

look for the option that says reset network settings

If you still have any issues please call 1800-726-7864 (1800-samsung)  they will try other solutions or give you other options as well if network reset does not work! Have a great day. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Read recipts on chat messages not working

Reset the device settings back to default status