Original topic:

Received a Security error

(Topic created: 06-03-2021 05:55 AM)
userPBloaKQ9Cg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, my roommate has a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5g phone and he doesn't know what happened but he woke up yesterday morning to find the screen of his phone lit up with a message "Security error: this phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Call your mobile operator for additional support. Please note that repair/return for this issue may have additional cost." What the heck? He has not altered his phone in anyway he went to Verizon they couldn't help him they recommended for him to go to a cell phone repair shop which he did they couldn't either. I think he doesn;t have insurance. I've been trying to flash his model phone firmware through Odin I have the latest Odin version Odin3_v3.14.4 I tried both SM=G986U and SM-G986U1 and both fail. Has anybody else encountered this and if resolved please share what helped you to fix your phone. Appreciate any guidance and help. Thank you.

1 Reply
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Verizon's firmware end with V not U... at least in some devices.

Is your roommate able to use the device at all? or is the device just completely locked?
Have you tried chatting with Samsung tech people on their website?

0 Likes