cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Recent S20 5G update changes

So I just got an update, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it addresses?

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Recent S20 5G update changes

Hey @TDH1985, I hope you're doing well. 

I assume your asking about the new build that pushed out today, AFT1. Although there isn't an official change log but there are a few changes that I've personally noticed from previous builds.

• June security patch
  • Camera improvements (better focus)
  • Close up zoom mode in camera (macro shots)
  • Option to disable fingerprint animation on lockscreen

There might be more than what I found but this should help. The overall system seems to be improved as well in regards to the smoothness. 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

So when is this aft1 update going to hit the US unlocked ones? Would be nice to get the fix ASAP. I shouldn't need to wait for my carrier since it's unlocked. Don't you push the updates directly. Unlocked phones should be compatible to all carriers out of the box since you don't know what carrier the buyer is going to use it on. Right?  Any timeline would be nice. Do you have a link to get it?

@Rydah 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey there @Jeffc73OC, I hope you're doing well. 

Unfortunately Unlocked devices still receive updates by carrier approval. Once you insert your sim, your device provisions to your carrier. I do agree, updates should be pushed across the board for all Unlocked units and will suggest a better approach to the admin/ developers for this. 

As for the update, you can try plugging your device into a pc and using Smart Switch. It may prompt you to update. If that doesn't work, there is you can try an unofficial method of updating using a software called Odin. You'll have to look into that off of this forum as it isn't supported by Samsung.

As for a time-line, I do not have one but I expect it should push out within the next couple of days to more carriers.

I hope this helps. Take care. 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I appreciate that man, for some reason I didn't get notification that anyone had responded.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Which update? In June I got the security update.

No major update there. And it was Ate4. We are waiting for the Ate6 and Ate7. Hopefully it will come at the beginning of the July

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey there @hsanch2020, I hope you're doing well. 

May I ask what your device model number is? You can find that in: Settings>About phone>Model number

Also, who is your carrier?

From personal experience, I see Samsung has sent out two software updates with the June security patch for Unlocked devices in the US. The first was ATE4 and the newer build is ATF1. Depending on your carrier, AFT1 may not be available yet.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador