Original topic:

Recent S20 Update

(Topic created on: 1/5/21 5:31 PM)
DenverTaylor
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Has anyone else had a lot of trouble with their phone since the latest update in the past 2 weeks? Ever since then my volume controls only work when Bluetooth is not on, the cell service is spotty at best, and I'm even getting the occasional "no network connectivity." 

I have never had a problem with this phone or any of these issues until this last update. 
6 Replies
user54G5xvssom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
yes it's terrible we have At&t got a update and now some our stuff is gone!!! can't wait for the next update too see if it fixes the issue
Jeremiah82
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you tried clearing your cache? Doing a master reset after backing up your files? They say doing a reset after a major update helps to get some kinks out. Just a thought.
0 Likes
DenverTaylor
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Doesn't that reset all your apps as well? I don't mind backing up files but I don't want to re-download all my apps.
Jeremiah82
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Then turn your phone off. Hold volume up and the power button simultaneously and it should take you to a back door page. Use the volume up & down to select the clear your cache then press the power button. Confirm. Then if you want, load it up again. Turn your phone off and go back to that screen and there should be an option at the very bottom called Optimize apps. Select that and let it go through every app.
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Here's something easy to try:  not as drastic as a factory reset.  You'll know if it works in less than 5 minutes.  

Go to settings/general management/reset/ select reset all settings 

Next go back and select "reset network settings"...

Hopefuly this works for you.  Good luck!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
I use an old app for that that works every time. Cleans, clears caches, optimizes. I never use reset of any kind.
Aptly called CCLEANER.
0 Likes