cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Recent Tmobile Update

Hi all! Has anyone else experienced connectivity issues ever since the recent 5G NR update pushed by TMobile? Both my wife and I have issues with dropping calls, inbound calls going straight to voicemail, losing signal for intermittent periods of time, etc. This is happening on two separate devices, and only after the recent update.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: Recent Tmobile Update

whats your and your wife's phone software version?
you can find it on settings -> about -> software info -> last 4# of baseband

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Recent Tmobile Update

ATGL
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

ATGL
Highlighted

oh i talked to t-mo rep and they told me they are having some network difficulties time to time right now.

Highlighted
Supernova

@userGuvelHH0hv 

Hi there friend, hope you're well and sorry to hear of this issue with connectivity.

You may need to reach out to T-Mobile for this issue as it sounds like a carrier specific issue.

Some routine troubleshooting may help here:

If one of these steps above help, let us know here and select this post as the solution.

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I refuse to Factory Reset my phone. the fact that two different S20s are having the exact same issues only after that Software Update (with no new apps being installed in between) demonstrates that this is clearly a software problem with the update. T-Mobile and/or Samsung need to push out an update fixing this, as I know many other people are experiencing the same thing.
Highlighted
Asteroid

YES. I'm experiencing the same. calls not coming through also when phone has been locked for a extended amount of time I go to make a call and can't without rebooting.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Not a permanent fix, but while this issue is rampant (I'm guessing as they are upgrading/adjusting signal) I changed my "mobile networks" settings to LTE/3G/2G, to avoid 5G all together. 5G has been slower than LTE and causing dropped or missed calls. Hopefully in a few weeks I can switch back and not have these issues anymore. (Issues on S20 Plus and Ultra)
Highlighted
Constellation

That has been my solution as well was to go switch off 5G and only use LTE/3G/2G.  It was annoying to have my phone just stop working without any warning.  Re-booting was the only way to get it to work again.  Will wait for the next software update before I try 5G again.