Original topic:

Recycle bin in text messages

(Topic created on: 12/17/20 4:45 AM)
Cazzamiller
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, my phone did an update yesterday & I've just notice that when I now delete text messages they go into a recycle bin that I then have to empty. It never used to do this & I don't want it to do it now so is there a way I can stop this & it go back to how it was? I've looked in the settings & can't find anything? Thanks 

8 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
It was a new feature added into the last Changelog. It's not removable that I know if Sorry. Hope that Helps
0 Likes
Slugshotk9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
so why did Samsung not give us the option to have it. I want it to go away, its more effort than necessary
Only4Galaxy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
the only way I can suggest you is switch to Google messaging instead of default Samsung. I've been using Google messaging app and whenever I deleted someone It can't be undone.
0 Likes
BlackWidow00
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
where is....the texting recycling bin
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
What messenger service are you using? A secure messenger service shouldn't do this.
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
that's a question for the higher ups to answer. maybe in a future update they will make it optional
0 Likes
userH2fH7UFGxq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm getting seriously fed up with Samsung now. I don't need a recycle bin, I can turn it off in gallery but not in messages. Yet another useless feature forced upon us, like the gallery scroll, which we can't turn off. Going to have to leave Samsung soon due to these updates, had enough, the stuff that works gets broken, settings changed and new unwanted features can't be turned off, whoever responsible for these updates in the last year needs to go. 

userraYt2nvLRm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Does anyone know of a 3rd party app that bypasses the whole recycle bin thing?  I agree with the others - it's super annoying to have to delete, and delete and delete ...

0 Likes