cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Removal of Basic Features may cause me to switch phones

I just upgraded to the new S20 Ultra.  only to find out later, they have removed the ability to have different notification sounds for different apps.  this is a high priority for me with my business emails.  When I talked online to a chat agent, he told me they removed it.  Offered for me to go on the Samsung Members app to submit feedback and told me I had no other way to express concern over this.  I left iPhone due to the amount of apps that wanted to track me.  This app wants access to my call logs, location, contacts, etc.  I removed it day one.  

Why would you create a newer "better" device and remove some very basic but convenient features?  This may cause me to switch phones now and I have been a Samsung advocate since the S3

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Removal of Basic Features may cause me to switch phones

ex. Gmail -> Settings -> General settings -> Manage notifications -> Press "Mail" with the toggle (you can actually press it and go into another setting) under the "Show notifications" -> Sound -> Select notification sound

this should work for all other apps as well.
If there are no notification settings for certain apps, long press the app and go to app info and change the sound

Highlighted
Constellation

That does not work either

Highlighted
Constellation

I was able to change my work email, messaging, and what's app sounds. I went directly to the app and selected the 3 dots/settings within the app, then select notifications then new messages/notification tone. Then able to select anyone. Within text messages it looks like you can only turn on or off, but if you press the category there are more settings inside.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey @user2seTvJpgzU,

To change the notifcation sounds on each application you go to : 

Settings > Apps > (App you want the sound changed on) > Notifications > New Messages/General Notifications > Sound > Pick a different sound

Hope that answers your question!

Best,
Jayhon

If you found my suggestion helpful, feel free to leave a ♥ Like.

If my suggestion solved your issue, feel free  to click on ✓ Accept as Solution.