cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Remove Bixby or Disable Its Default Permissions

Anyone knows how to either remove Bixby or disable its default permissions in Routines, Services, and Voice? Permissions such as microphone, camera, location, contacts, and phone.

For as much as I appreciate great technology it is creepy to have a device so powerful that you cannot fully control over your personal data. Especially so when the device is so expensive to start with.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Remove Bixby or Disable Its Default Permissions

You should be able to go to Settings>Applications>More Options (Menu)>Show System apps. Select each of the Bixby services and select to Force Stop. Then select storage and Clear Data. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you for your response.

I have done that on all four Bixby apps; the Force Stop appears to be just a decoration, it is not functional. After I tap on it the icon turns grey as in it is "Stopped" but it comes back when I review the permissions again later or next day. I then have to tap on it again and the same thing happens in a loop. In addition, in Routines for example, I flattened out the KB sizes in Data & Cache before I went to Force Stop only to find both Data & Cache items repopulating again with Force Stop re-highlighed. Same with B_Voice & B_Vision. Force Stop is fake.

Furthermore, under Permissions for each of the four Bixby apps, users are not allow to remove their access to user Contacts, Location, and Storage for Bixby Routines; to Calendar, Call Logs, Contacts, Location, Microphone, Phone, SMS, and Storage for Bixby Services. Similar for B_Vision.

If there is a way to remove this Bixby package entirely it would be huge a peace of mind in managing security and privacy. If this cannot be removed in Version 10, I respectfully sumbit that Samsung should issue a patch to at least allow users to remove permissions to so many person touch points. It is out of line.

Thank you for your support and any further guidance is appreciated.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

There is no way to take Bixby completely off your phone. It is built into the phone. Have you tried turning off Bixby Routines? Settings> Advanced features> Bixby Routines> switch to off

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, I have been there already and that switch is set to the off position.

My inquiry has to do with Bixby removal and regrettably it cannot be done; as stated previously that Force Stop in Apps does not work. I am starting to search for another device now; it is an expensive oversight on my part not discovering about Bixby before I switched to the S20+.

Thank you for your support.