JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Resolving Screen Burn?

(Topic created: 08-22-2021 09:59 AM)
sonic65101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I just noticed my S20+ has screen burn from the keyboard, and was wondering if there was some way to resolve it without getting the screen replaced.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OmgItsMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Warranty expires 1 year after purchase of your new phone. If your phone is still under warranty you can go to ubreakifix and they will replace your screen for free if its still under warranty. When you go to ubreakifix tell them that your phone has screen burn and you want your screen to be replaced under warranty.

View solution in context

8 Replies
OmgItsMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I had mine replaced under warranty for free. There is nothing you can do. To void screen burn don't use your device on full brightness.
sonic65101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I try not to use it at highest brightness.
0 Likes
AnonymousCoward
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
So never use it outside?Screenshot_20210822-112543_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
sonic65101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
BTW, which warranty? And how'd you go about getting it replaced?
0 Likes
Solution
OmgItsMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Warranty expires 1 year after purchase of your new phone. If your phone is still under warranty you can go to ubreakifix and they will replace your screen for free if its still under warranty. When you go to ubreakifix tell them that your phone has screen burn and you want your screen to be replaced under warranty.

View solution in context

sonic65101
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
Judging by the advertisement for Samsung Cares+, I have about 20 days left. How long did it take?
0 Likes
OmgItsMe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Ubreakifix will fix your phone same day. Check and see if there is any location near you. Btw Ubreakifix is Samsung authorized repair center.
Options
Galaxy S20
Screen burn-in is hardware deterioration. Only way to prevent it is to keep your brightness at a respectable level (unless in direct sunlight) and to keep your screen time out low when not in use.