cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Restore Issues from SECURE FOLDER

I've just swapped my Samsung S9 Plus for the new S20 Plus and am having trouble restoring everything from the  Secure Folder on the old phone.

I did a full backup to Samsung Cloud of the Secured Folders (recorded as 7.9GB) from my S9 Plus. Later the same day, having restored Apps and Data on the main part of the phone, I then set about restoring the Secure Folder. I repeatedly got a message halfway through the restore process, saying the restore couldn't continue. I then tried selecting certain data only. I successfully restored Videos and Photos but only part of the Contacts List.

Now, whenever I try to restore, I can't even get the List of all types of data to select for restore. It just displays a circle saying retrieving backup. It said 'contact Samsung.' The name of the backup it finds is still the same name as before (from the S9 Plus). Is/was the Backup corrupt?

Is there any way I can resolve this and restore CONTACTS from Secure Folder backup?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Restore Issues from SECURE FOLDER

Some contacts have been restored but not all. Any thoughts please?

Highlighted
Asteroid

When you saved the back up did you have the encryption setting on?

Asteroid

No, there was no Encryption set. Remember, I have managed to restore most content but a fair number of Secure Contacts are missing and now I can't get the phone to load the restore options for the backup - although it recognises that same backup date from last week.