JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S 20 Ultra - Smule doesn't work

(Topic created: 06-11-2020 06:52 PM)
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok, so I'm not a great singer or anything like that but the Smule app doesn't seem to work. When you record, the app doesn't pick up your voice through the mic. Then when the recording is finished, it won't play.

I've uninstalled and re-installed smule still the same issue. 😞

I just want to sing my stress away and record myself doing it lol - any suggestions?

Oh I just got the S 20 3 days ago.

43 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey @user49kh45vWpP, I hope you're doing well. 

Congratulations on the new Galaxy S20 Ultra. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with an app. It sounds like you've done some good troubleshooting steps.

My suggestion would be to wipe the system cache. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

That did work, thank you Rydah!

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey @user49kh45vWpP,

Awesome, glad I could be of assistance. If you should ever need further help with this or any other issues with your Samsung Galaxy device, feel free to post on the forums and we would be happy to help to our best abilities.

Thank you for being a cool Samsung Member.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

So it worked once but thats it. Do I have to keep doing that every time? Unfortunately thats not a solution now. Can I raise this query again?

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

If you record on the stock recorder for the device, do you experience these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Im not sure what you mean by that, but I have used it on tiktok without any issues? Haven't made a call with it yet. Did you mean the voice recorder?

0 Likes
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Oh voice recorder it works ok  lots of intermittent static though.

0 Likes
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

So I thought I would record on smule without the headphones and mic, and it is really terrible, the static is louder than the music and people singing. Did I buy a dud phone? Why did I give my galaxy note 9 away for this 😞 

knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

Honestly, if Smule is the only app you experience this with I would recommend reaching out to the developers so they can add an update to the application.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes