JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S 20 Ultra - Smule doesn't work

(Topic created: 06-11-2020 04:56 PM)
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok, so I'm not a great singer or anything like that but the Smule app doesn't seem to work. When you record, the app doesn't pick up your voice through the mic. Then when the recording is finished, it won't play.

I've uninstalled and re-installed smule still the same issue. 😞

I just want to sing my stress away and record myself doing it lol - any suggestions?

Oh I just got the S 20 3 days ago.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Really samsung 20 ultra, it works with all the other samsungs I've had except this one? Its not smule that changed...

user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

So in addition to the underwhelming camera that was hyped before I purchased it , the terrible recording quality with its static bs on its own voice recorder software,  it will refuse to work with smule, the one app i most want it to work with and  have had no problems with before on on other samsung mobiles, now you tell me theres nothing you can do about it?

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey there @user49kh45vWpP, I hope you're doing well.

I will download Smule on my Galaxy S20 Ultra and see if I have the same issue. I've used other voice recording apps and had no issues with quality or latency.

Please give me 15 minutes to have some results on my experience with Smule.

Additionally, can you please let me know what your current basband version is? This can be found in: Settings>About phone>Software information

I will be back shortly.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Alright, I went ahead and tried a few songs. I'll admit, I don't cary the best notes but I was able to record with no latency and no static.

What type of microphone are you using? I used the Stock headphones that came with the device and they worked perfectly. (Smule reccomends headphones for optimal quality.)

Also, If you're using the stock S20 headphones, can you try a different pair?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes im using the stock phones. No I dont have another pair, it just came with the one. 😞

You had no problems? Ugh

0 Likes
userWN5otmNsFp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi Rydah, 

I am Vitri from indonesia,

I have the same problem with my samsung galaxy note 10+. When i use smule, the microphone doesn't pick up my voice (i use stock earphone that comes with the device).

I've tried your solution by rebooting my phone (wipe cache partition). At first it worked, but then after i recorded few songs, the problem happened again.

Do i have to reboot my phone everytime i want to make a recording with smule?

I need help.. 

Thankyou..

0 Likes
usereyo3oD9ZHM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi

I have the same problem with my GALAXY S20.... I used bluetooth earphones and it worked. but I want this to work with stock headphones.

user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Sorry about the rant just a little frustrated. Samsung has always been my go to phone have never had any problems with it and this one cost $2,100 NZ  so to see it failing each time I use something is really annoying. For that I would have expected it to work with as per the other samsungs with more. But this one is failing that. 😞 

My Baseband version is G988BXX4ATE3

Any help would be appreciated. If I should just return this phone and get something else just say so. I don't want to be hanging around in these forums bringing everyones mood down.

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey @user49kh45vWpP, I am here to help YOU! 🙂

I see you have the SM-G988B which isn't a model supported in the US (this is the US forum.) I will still provide you with my help.

It's hard to tell if it's your phone or the headphones without being there to test it myself. Being that it works great on my personal S20 Ultra, it should work on your unit as well. Maybe a family member or friend have a pair you could borrow to test with?

You should be able to get a warranty replacement on your headphones. You'd have to contact Samsung Support for your country. I take it your in NZ (based on ifo you posted above.) Here is a link to Samsung Support NZ: https://www.samsung.com/nz/info/contactus/ 

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Oh ok Rydah thanks for your help

0 Likes