JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S 20 Ultra - Smule doesn't work

(Topic created: 06-11-2020 04:56 PM)
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok, so I'm not a great singer or anything like that but the Smule app doesn't seem to work. When you record, the app doesn't pick up your voice through the mic. Then when the recording is finished, it won't play.

I've uninstalled and re-installed smule still the same issue. 😞

I just want to sing my stress away and record myself doing it lol - any suggestions?

Oh I just got the S 20 3 days ago.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Anytime. I appolgise we couldn't find a solid solution for you but I am fairly confident it might be the headphones. Good luck!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user49kh45vWpP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks again

0 Likes
userC1d0F9Vmwt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have this exact issue with my S20 Plus.  I traded my S9 Plus in for it, and am in Australia (so I don't know about these US versions or the likes).

I use Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless bluetooth headphones and I get awful static noise from Smule recordings, can't even recognise a voice.

I plug in my Blue Yeti mic to the UCB-C and headphones that go through the mic and that work fine for calls/ recordings on the standard phone recorder, however again on Smule I get the same result.

Two different options, one Bluetooth and the other wired, and the same outcome.

This has fristrated me the last 6 weeks since I got the phone - no longer able to record through Smule, my most used app.  So disappointing.

I do believe there is something for the developers of Smule to do something about this for S20 users, however there should be a way that Samsung can help its users perform the same things that they did on previous versions.  Nearly makes me want my S9+ back.

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey there @userC1d0F9Vmwt, I hope you're doing well.

I tested it with 3 full songs and had no issues. I do have a different device model as I am in the US and have a Snapdragon processor. I have no way of testing this on one of the exynos units. 

I'd suggest contacting Smule about this to report your issue as they may need to modify the app for the exynos processor. 

This is not a known problem for the S20 line in the US (which this forum is based on.) You can open a request with Smule here: https://smule.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new (this is a link for US support; I don't see one for Australia.)

I hope they can update the app for optimization.

I hope that info helps lead you to a solution. Take care! 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userLvPw7DiuoH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi thank you  so much for your help. It really worked with me. I can record now in smule. But when I recording I can hear my own voice. Its really hard to sing when I hear my own voice back. So can you please me with that. Thank you. 

0 Likes
kudroli
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem. My phone is S20 fe 4g (India). i just bought samsung type c connector for 3.5 mm headset. i tried in voice recording it was recording smoothly. also i can listen the songs.. but in Smule i can't record at all. since yesterday i am trying in diffrent way but all options are failed.

Frustrated. Paid 699/- for the adapter (bought from Samsung  Showroom). But now i feel like waste of money!!

can anyone reply the solution pls
thanks

0 Likes
userHbXc1VqL97
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi! So I just spent two and a half hours with this same issue wondering why on earth my headset mic wouldn't work and did everything short of factory reset before I figured it out! So I just now got my Bluetooth mic to register but you have to select which apps to feed to it but overall super easy!

Go into Settings > in the search bar type "separate app sound" and turn that bad boy on! It will ask you to choose exactly which apps to switch and which device to play it through. Its the ONLY thing that worked for me! Good luck!

0 Likes
userC1d0F9Vmwt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi - I have the same issue with my S20 Plus.  When you did this, how long did it work for?  Just one recording?  Or one Smule session?  And would you have to do it again every time you wanted to use Smule?

Also - what else does this delete that I may want to keep on my phone?  I believe deleting cache files means my phone will have to download commonly accessed data again every time - making the phone experience slower.  Not too keen on that.

That said, I haven't even been able to get mine recording properly once.

user31RfWrgDjb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi there! Same issues with my s20, Austria. Baseband version G981BXXU2ATE3. 

When I use my iRig mic with USB I get trashy voice, like a shredder effect or sth like that. When I use my iRig with voice recorder I get a slow-mo version of my voice with also many disortion... When I use my headphones came with the phone smule does not start with voice recording, goes 3, 2, 1 and then pauses... tried all things like uninstalling, clearing system cache and other solutins mentioned here.

Never had a phone like this... I better would have replaced my battery on my s8 instead bying this super-hyped phone, very very weird issues with that phone...

An option would be to get rid of my contract with my mobile provider and looking out for some other smartphone manufacturer. Samsung always satisfied me by providing hi tec phone hardware solutions and stability in usage. Until now...

userZqYwHscf37
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same thing here. Sweden. S20 Ultra. It works more or less everywhere else but not in Smule.  Using the original USB-C headset. 

0 Likes