cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 5G Shutter button not working properly

Four to six weeks ago the shutter "button" on my S20 started beeping instead of taking a picture. The first couple of pictures I tried to take I thought "that's new" not realizing that it didn't take the picture, because the screen changed briefly. It took a few times before I realized what was happening. I don't take a lot of pictures, so when I do it's an important one. 

If I use the voice function (Take a picture), or the volume button it works correctly. I just forget about the voice function, and when I try to use the volume button, my hand moves, messing up the picture. Sometimes backing out and reopening the camera app will make it work correctly, otherwise, I'll press the shutter button 9 to 10 times before it will take a picture. I know of at least one other person with this problem, is there a fix lined up, or do I need to get used to a work around?

AT&T

Camera Version 10.0.03.19

One UI  2.1

Android Version 10

Android Security Patch  June 1, 2020

16X9   1080

What other information do you need?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: S20 5G Shutter button not working properly

Not sure about the beeping, but the July 1st update fixes the shutter delay, it's not that it's not working, it's that there is upto a 5 second delay from pressing shutter to it managing to autofocus and take the shot, you can fix it by tapping to focus before taking the shot, or hold on a few more days / week for the July update / flash it yourself 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S20 5G Shutter button not working properly

If it was a delay before working, it would have to be at least a minute to a minute and a half delay, because that's how long I"ve waited for it to take a picture, after it beeped. I feel the beep is important somehow, an error message, maybe. Thank you for your reply, but I don't think it will work, as it hasn't yet.