Did the phone update complete? Have you tried wiping the cache partition?
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
The new update is applied because I can see the differences in look-and-feel items, but the phone STILL wants me to install the software. What a loop!
I would recommend giving your carrier a call to confirm that you have the latest baseband version installed. It could also be an issue with the updated phone not showing correctly in their system and it is continuing to send an Over-The-Air update.