Original topic:

S20 5G freezes

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 07:47 AM)
RMK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
My S20 5G keeps freezing across multiple apps and I can't do anything til it unfreezes. Happens too often and it's been happening since forever ago. Any recommendations how to fix it or why it happens? I'm about ready to ask for a new phone. Slows everything down. Thanks.
0 Likes
7 Replies
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
if you've never done it, wipe your cache partition and repair apps from the recovery screen.
0 Likes
RMK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
notforhire, I can't find those either.
0 Likes
RMK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
notforhire, can you please tell me how to do those two things? Thank you. I do consistently clean my cache when I am on the internet but I'm not sure I know how to do it on my smartphone.
0 Likes
blazeBark
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Try downloading Good Guardians from the Galaxy Store and using the Galaxy App Booster from within Good Guardians to speed up your apps. Rebooting to the bootloader and clearing the Cache Partition can also help.
0 Likes
RMK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
You said "Rebooting to the bootloader and clearing the Cache Partition can also help."I did a search for those terms in Settings on my smartphone and I can't find any of those words, even individually.
0 Likes
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
turn your phone off

power it back on, holding down the side key and volume up key

don't release until the recovery screen appears

use volume rocker to scroll down to "wipe cache partition"

press side key

select "yes"

press side key

repeat for "repair apps"
0 Likes
RMK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
notforhire, I am very sorry to say that your suggestion didn't work. I had to dictate a long email earlier today and it required a lot of copying and pasting and it must have frozen 50 or more times and it is the pitts pits clicking and waiting for it to come back and praying I don't lose everything waiting for it to unfreeze. If I decide to look for another smartphone, it will not be Samsung. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer a suggestion. I appreciate it very much.
0 Likes