Galaxy S20

this galaxy S20 5G keeps losing my wifi

7 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this only occur on your home WiFi network? Have you tried the troubleshooting here? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
notsohappy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yes that's the only place I need it .right now it's working for how long who knows .it will say wifi on but not connected to internet like I said it on now it messed up when you guys did a up date after the download is when I started having trouble no more updates like it the way it is you know what they say if it's not broke don't mess with it
Options
Galaxy S20
These suggestions are obvious, they do not address the obvious WiFi problems introduced with the Android 11 update! Please advise us on what to do about *that*
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Mine loses the Wi-Fi all the time. Just two rooms away from the router the phone loses Wi-Fi.

The thing that really gets me though is a family members $35 cricket flip phone works in every room of the house and she can even walk around outside the house and never lose Wi-Fi.

The antennae must be very weak on the s20.
Options
Galaxy S20
Did it get worse after Android 11?
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
No, it was bad with 10 as well.
Options
Galaxy S20
If your router is dual band, try switching from 2.4 to 5 or 5 to 2.4. If you choose 5, set to lowest channel.