cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S20 5g keeps switching from manual time input to automatic time input overnight

What is wrong with this phone? I travel the country and want my phone to stay on Eastern Time zone. I set it to manual time zone, and it keeps switching to automatic time zone overnight 😖😖😖

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S20 5g keeps switching from manual time input to automatic time input overnight

Hey there @Cityofclouds, I hope you're doing well. 

I'm sorry to hear that your device isn't behaving as it should. Can you please provide me with your current baseband version? You can find it in: Settings >About phone >Software information.

I'll try to replace the issue on my device as well.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 5g keeps switching from manual time input to automatic time input overnight

Baseband version is G981USQU1ATE6. I had it set to manual time zone again yesterday, I woke up this morning and, again, it had switched back to automatic time zone.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey @Cityofclouds, I tested this exact scenario on my personal device and couldn't replicate it. I am on a newer software version than you are so this may already be fixed in an upcoming update that you should receive in the near future. I'll give it another shot tonight to see if my device does this. 

In the meantime, you could try to wipe your devices system cache partition to see if this helps. To wipe the system cache, you'll need to do the following:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

I hope this helps. I'll report my experience again tomorrow.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Constellation

I did a partition wipe yesterday. I woke up and it had switched back to automatic time zone during the night again. I have the phone doing an automatic restart once a week. It seems to be switching from manual time zone to automatic time zone during the night every day.