Original topic:

S20+5g moisture detected with no fix !

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 3:40 PM)
userdZ3hP73mJp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello everyone. I have a galaxy s20+5g. The battery died last night and when I went to plug it in it said moisture was detected. The pho e has been no where near water. I have tried multiple solutions from YouTube and from these forums with nothing fixing my phone. Oh and did I mention I am just out of warranty ? Can anyone please help with this problem as the wireless charger is dreadfully slow. I have owned a bunch of galaxy phones but this may be my last ! 🤬

0 Likes
8 Replies
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20

Out of curiosity, when did you buy your phone?  Don't you have a 1 year warranty?

Anyway, I've heard of people doing the following with some success:

Tip 1: Sometimes it's not moisture, but lint or dirt... try a softened flat end of a toothpick with some rubbing alcohol and carefully try to clean charging port... rubbing alcohol dries very fast.  This might fix things.  

Tip 2: Try turning off phone, plugging in charger, and then turn on.  This "might"  cause the faulty "moisture detected signal" to go off.    Good luck!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

0 Likes
userdZ3hP73mJp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I am out of warranty by a few months. I have tried cleaning/ drying the charge port. When I turn the phone off and plug the charger in it still says there is moisture in the connector and will not charge.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Are you in US? What is your average relative humidity?
Try putting phone in shoe box with desiccant for a few hours, like overnight.
0 Likes
userdZ3hP73mJp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am i. The u.s with high humidity but I dont think it is a moisture problem. I have tried everything to dry it. Nothing seems to work.

0 Likes
user0qexhfJ58F
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My wife had two updates and both times it made the moisture detect go off. S20. Go to setting turn off fast, super fast. Power off your the phone. Then I plug it in and power on while plugged in. Don't know if you have to do all those steps but worked for me both times. Then btw went back into setting and turned charging option after. 

Always check for moisture and blockages before trying this. I'm just sharing and not responsible or a samsung rep

0 Likes
userdZ3hP73mJp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for the reply. I have not tried this before. I just did and unfortunately it didn't work for me .grrrrr

0 Likes
PoisednPretty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm going on day 3 and no results. I did factory reset. 

0 Likes
usersmvjUMMlL4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

There is no solution for this. It’s been going on for weeks even affecting phones like the galaxy S8 plus. And people keep posting these ridiculous BS solutions that has nothing to do with this issue. Samsung needs to get in front of this and fix these bugs in their updates so our phones can stop saying that they detect moisture and don’t charge for days it’s ridiculous

0 Likes