JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 5g pairing to UCONNECT

(Topic created: 04-02-2020 07:46 AM)
Samsung_P3s3cJQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

When will the S20be compatible with UConnect vehicles?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
uservQmKQF9n2B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I think I may have figured out the issue. Its related to the battery optimization system. I disabled battery optimization on the bluetooth, SmartThings, and spotify apps. Hasn't lost connection since I did this. I'll update this if anything changes but I think this is the solution.

View solution in context

16 Replies
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

hello @Samsung_P3s3cJQ 

what problem are you experiencing with the UConnect? I have the S20Ultra and it connected to my car using UConnect with no problems.

0 Likes
Samsung_P3s3cJQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

When I try to pair it keeps coming back and saying - pairing failed. Been trying for a month

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok @Samsung_P3s3cJQ 

First, your car can't be in motion for the pairing steps or it will cancel the connection. Next...

Have you removed previously paired phones from the UConnect and then paired your phone? In your car, you would go to your phone icon and in settings you see "paired phones"...you can delete phones there and then in "paired phones", you could "add device"...then on your phone, you go into settings, bluetooth, and it will scan for bluetooth devices and your UConnect should show up and you have to verify the passkey on the UConnect screen and the phone. Also, you have to grant UConnect permissions to access your contacts and messages. Hope this helps you.

0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello @Samsung_P3s3cJQ 

were you able to get your UConnect paired with your phone? Just wanted to follow up.

0 Likes
user7PkDdLDdt2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am experiencing the same issue with my S20 Ultra. It used to work, but it now fails to connect to uConnect. I followed all of the normal troubleshooting steps like resetting phone, car, etc. Since it used to work fine and just stopped working, I wonder if it is related to the most recent Android system update since it started occurring around the same time at the update. The uConnect system is working fine with S10 Samsungs and iPhones. It worked fine with my S9 also. Very frustrating to have this new phone and not have it work with a Bluetooth system.

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

hi @user7PkDdLDdt2 

sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone pairing to uconnect. I have the s20ultra and am on the latest software, and I haven't had any issues with my phone connecting to my uconnect, so I don't believe the issue is related to the recent update...but it could be 3rd party apps interfering or on your uconnect one of your other paired phones is the default favorite phone it tries to pair with. I know the few times I had issues, was only because my kids would go into my uconnect settings to pair their phones but accidentially (or intentionally) made their phone the favorite default phone, lol. So I would go into your uconnect paired phone list and remove all of the phones except your main phone that you use, make it the default phone, and then go from there.

0 Likes
uservQmKQF9n2B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having similar problems with my S20 Ultra and my uconnect system on my 2015 Chrysler 300. It works fine sometimes but other times it will stay connected for at most 5 minutes and then disconnect and then reconnect. It will sometimes do this like 4 times in 5 minutes. I didn't have any problems with my uconnect system with my S7. What do I have to do? I have already deleted my old phone from the system, updated my phone, made sure my uconnect system is up to date. The only thing I haven't done is reset my headunit but I'm not sure I want to do that because 1) I don't really know how to and 2) I don't want to lose all my settings and stuff. If this is the only way to fix the issue then I'll try it, but I don't really understand why it would because it works fine with my S7. I feel like they need to update the uconnect system for the newer phones that came out recently. I already got in contact with the people at Uconnect and they had no clue what they were talking about. This is very annoying because I listen to music constantly when driving. I don't think its related to the spotify app because it does it with youtube too.

0 Likes
Solution
uservQmKQF9n2B
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I think I may have figured out the issue. Its related to the battery optimization system. I disabled battery optimization on the bluetooth, SmartThings, and spotify apps. Hasn't lost connection since I did this. I'll update this if anything changes but I think this is the solution.

userlOQs0cY0F0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having the same issue as well. My s8 Note and s10 Plus both worked with my Jeep Patriot UConnect. However, I cannot get my s20 to connect via Blue Tooth. When I pull up the devices screen, there are no devices listed, so they must have been cleared some how...just not sure how. Once upon a time, full galaxy history showed up on that screen along with 2 ipods. But I cannot get my new s20 Ultra to connect.

0 Likes