I got a camera update this morning through the Galaxy Store. It upgraded the camera app to version 10.0.03.2. The camera will no longer focus on things close-up. I have to back away at least 7-12 inches to focus and it will no longer zoom past 6x, where it went to 30x and could focus on things as close as 2 inches from the lens before this. upgrade.
Pro mode will focus at about 2 inches from the lens and zoom up to 10x.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Let's try wiping the cache partition on your device.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
If you are still experiencing the same symptoms, you can try to force stop and clear cache and data on the camera app.
Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on Camera > force stop > storage > clear cache and data.
The clearing the app data worked. While setting the camera settings back up, I figured it out. If you set the camera for 3:4 64MP it stops zoom at 6x and doesn't macro focus well at all. But if you take it to regular 3:4 the zoom opens back up to 30x and does macro zoom very well.
Thanks for all of your help. I very much appreciate it.