S20 Camera Failed warning

(Topic created: 02-25-2021 07:41 AM)
userl6L2Ih8lv0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Reset camera settings- did not work

Wiped cache-did not work

Factory reset-did not work AND lost valuable items from my SAMSUNG SECURE folder despite following all instructions on backing up prior to reset

Have to drive 45 minutes to the Samsung repair center on Saturday

First world problems, I know, but I got this phone because of its "amazing camera". Horrible experience for a long-time Samsung faithful. Will think twice before the next phone purchase...

Maybe this can help someone else...

7 Replies
Blaquejaque
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
did you make sure the sensors weren't cut off from the double drop down menu? I know it seems simple but it had me at my wits end, and I knew of it too.
0 Likes
Jaceo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
where are the sensors in the menu?
0 Likes
userl6L2Ih8lv0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I was not aware of that. Can you describe more as I'm not sure about the sensor cut off. Thank you! 

Blaquejaque
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
yes if you pull down notifications panel, and pull down buttons menu, it used to be something along the lines of "DISABLE SENSORS", however, since the latest updates, it may be now called "DO NOT DISTURB" as I can no longer find the website button anywhere, not even in the settings
0 Likes
userNsFofewXQz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Okay folks, I will share what I have learned. I have had the same problem with the camera failing, getting progressively worse in the past 2 months. I tried all of the online advice to fix the problem including the factory reset (which stinks having to restore everything). Finally, I reached out to Samsung and they had me go to a tech center. They did some special circuit tests and some swapnostics on the cameras. What they found was that the failure went away when the backglass was not installed but as soon as it was installed, the failure came back. They ordered a front camera to replace that one as the final swapnostics test but it appears to be a faulty circuit board. So... It does appear to be a hardware problem. If you are within warranty, they will take care of the repairs but obviously being without phone stinks. Sharing so that you don't spend time doing factory resets on something that is likely a hardware problem. Working in manufacturing, I know that Samsung is seeing a rise in these cases and hopefully they either offer a voluntary recall to address the issue or offer upgrade credit for users. Spending a $1000+ on a phone with the camera being the primary feature, you expect it to work.  

Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

If you are still experiencing the camera failed warning error after fully backing up the device and a factory reset, service would be recommended. You can visit a UBreakIFix repair store for a technician to evaluate the device. If you choose to go this route, make sure the device is backed up so you won't lose any important data.

Follow this link here to get a local store near you. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provides for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community.

0 Likes